Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 02-02-2007, 02:19 PM

The first words are "After the show".

Bret's Buick had a lotta beans under the hood, but I still think my car can beat it. Hopefully, we'll find out this year.[/QUOTE]

.................................................. .................................................. ....

Honestly, i don't really care who won the event and that your car "probably" could beat any other vehicle. Or any other car not in the comparision i was reffering to for that matter.

The only thing i was reffering to was this ; (Hey, thanks Eric!)

2nd Place: 1971 Camaro Brett Voelkel: 64.186 sec.(Read-Air susp)
WINNER: 1969 Camaro Kyle and Stacy Tucker: 64.107 sec (Read, QL)

as i was interested in bringing to the discussion the fact that the Airbar and the QL we're in the same performance offering capabilities, but that the AB offers some qualities that the QL doesn't...One of them, Ride quality.

All that, because the original post asks of the QL and also, the fact that i'm about to put an AB in my car and would appreciate other enthousiasts opinion, +, at the same time making Syenko aware that the AB could be a very interesting choice for him as its cheaper in $ and offers some nice +'s to the QL.

Maybe that will now make you consider the AB for your own ride Steve after having been beat by an air equipped car, no? Nice set up, lowers to the touch of a button, goes up for oil change, costs at least 500$ less than QL, adjustability, ride quality etc...And! You don't have to be much of a welder as its a bolt on!!! (Altought i plan on welding it in...)

Take it cool, i only wanted to share what i've seen about the AB because that's what i'm doin.

Lead.

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"
Old 02-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Oh. I thought you meant the Buick. I'm cool like Fonzie. I was making a joke with the winner/loser thing. Yeah the AirBar did great. The QL seemed more planted than the 2nd Gen AirBar. The A-body AirBars, on the other hand, looked real surefooted. Maybe because A-bodies have room for longer links. AirRide said it was a tire pressure thing. But in the end the times are close. When the video is done (soon--I promise. We hired a pro to finish it), you will be able to see how different all of the cars look while achieving similar times. Then the picture will be clear.

I would totally consider an AirBar. I'm happy with the performance of my leaf springs. but would love to improve ride quality and have pushbutton tuning at the drags. But in the end I will probably go 3 link because I still feel it is the ultimate performance setup. 3 links offer great ride and adjustability as well as sexy looks. I'll wait until I see Jake's 3 link car in action and then I'll take my wallet out.

Ridetech.com
Old 02-02-2007, 02:49 PM

Lead.

( You know, i'm not looking for the last ounce of performance sooo, i'm running 20"s and soon... Bags! But i want it hard charging/ handling too! So its nice to see the Bags are taking their place in the H-Perf world and gaining respect.)

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"