Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 06-24-2016, 12:10 PM

Interesting to watch the market, that's for sure.

Funny how the markets falling, except my MO is climbing. 2% up today. People are freaked out and rushing to buy their Cigs and Booze. heheh

My Toy... is actually a 1973 Camaro LT and a '09 HD Dyna.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy71camaro View Post
Interesting to watch the market, that's for sure.

Funny how the markets falling, except my MO is climbing. 2% up today. People are freaked out and rushing to buy their Cigs and Booze. heheh
People will be going to safe dividend stocks, I was surprised to see my MO NNN and ED all up over 2%.
It will be interesting. Europe is all screwed up right now. This is going to cause a domino effect. Portugal, and Spain may be next. Not sure about Greece, but they were in trouble till they got bailed out.

I'm in for the long term so if it keeps going it just creates a better buying opportunity.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:33 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before but anyone here day trading? If so any resources for educating oneself that you recommend ? 3 years to an early retirement and I hope to pick up 2% here and there to pay for vacations and car parts

Paper trading sites maybe ... Plan on spending 1 to 3 years learning before jumping in ....
Old 07-13-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before but anyone here day trading? If so any resources for educating oneself that you recommend ? 3 years to an early retirement and I hope to pick up 2% here and there to pay for vacations and car parts

Paper trading sites maybe ... Plan on spending 1 to 3 years learning before jumping in ....
Day trading goes against everything that has been explained in this thread. Have you been following along? It is worth reading.

Don
Old 07-13-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
Day trading goes against everything that has been explained in this thread. Have you been following along? It is worth reading.

Don
Sure I have read most of this thread... Trust me the early retirement didn't come from not having most if not all of the fine ideas discussed here damn near mastered... Some I agree with most in fact I have some of my own ideas Like ummmm buying "faceybook" on IPO then down at 18.... See in this thread....

I didn't think I could only discuss the same exact investing ideas

Last edited by XLexusTech; 07-13-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:04 PM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
Sure I have read most of this thread... Trust me the early retirement didn't come from not having most if not all of the fine ideas discussed here damn near mastered... Some I agree with most in fact I have some of my own ideas Like ummmm buying "faceybook" on IPO then down at 18.... See in this thread....

I didn't think I could only discuss the same exact investing ideas

And buying FaceBooky was brilliant --- and good for you! There are many stocks that "should" be owned... But whenever I wrote here - I tried to drill down on beginners and basics #1. I've always said - that if you can stomach owning stuff like this - then you should.

NOW.... I used to day trade. The ONLY THING that saved me from losing 2 or 3 million that I had in that day trading account - was that I paid cash for a house out of that account. BAM! The market sunk like a rock....... buying the house had me OUT of the market for months while we remodeled etc. In the meantime the market tanked.

I used to buy $500K of MSFT and $500K of DELL and $500K of INTC in the morning... go golf - come home and sell them up .50 a share.... but this was 1997 / 98 / 99.... and a guy couldn't loose..... until he did. Most every one of my friends from that period are STILL working.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
And buying FaceBooky was brilliant --- and good for you! There are many stocks that "should" be owned... But whenever I wrote here - I tried to drill down on beginners and basics #1. I've always said - that if you can stomach owning stuff like this - then you should.

NOW.... I used to day trade. The ONLY THING that saved me from losing 2 or 3 million that I had in that day trading account - was that I paid cash for a house out of that account. BAM! The market sunk like a rock....... buying the house had me OUT of the market for months while we remodeled etc. In the meantime the market tanked.

I used to buy $500K of MSFT and $500K of DELL and $500K of INTC in the morning... go golf - come home and sell them up .50 a share.... but this was 1997 / 98 / 99.... and a guy couldn't loose..... until he did. Most every one of my friends from that period are STILL working.
Yeah, no silver bullets I guess, thanks for the advice.. much appreciated... looking for a way off the Corporate treadmill and hoping something like leveraging my assets to help me live frugally could work... No answers yet just questions... always looking for a way out of the Corp Grind..
Old 07-14-2016, 10:22 PM

There is no shortcut to prosperity for the majority. It's called hard work and perseverance. Sorry...
Old 07-14-2016, 11:01 PM

Cheers to that Todd. A little smarts and luck doesn't hurt though (although my smarts reciprocate and luck has never been a part of my diet)......I tell my co-workers, if you work hard and fail at your task, its not a failure, its a learning experience.....
Old 07-15-2016, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
There is no shortcut to prosperity for the majority. It's called hard work and perseverance. Sorry...
For the record I have worked consecutively for 37 years with of less then 10 weeks of time off have never been unemployed worked 3 jobs simultaneously 2 and full time college to get me to this point... Put that back in your mouth you know nothing about how I got here ...

I don't want to dirty up this wonderful thread with BS so let's forget I asked obviously people are not interested in the subject