Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-12-2021, 09:46 AM

Default AC Condenser question for C&R heat exchanger

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping one of you may know this and can point me in the right direction. I'm having C&R build a radiator for my 56 Bel Air and they are putting a 67-69 Camaro heat exchanger on the front of it for my Whipple (C&R part# 56-00015). C&R says a vintage air condenser part number 03766-VCC bolts up to the front of the heat exchanger. Unfortunately this condenser only comes in black powder coated finish.

When I talked with C&R they didn't have any other condenser part numbers on file that bolted to it. When I spoke with Vintage Air, they didn't have a similar condenser in raw aluminum finish that was the same size.

Question: Have any of you bolted an aluminum finish condenser to a C&R 56-00015? I'm not finding anything on Vintage Air or Restomod Air's site. The closest that may work is 03455-VCC for a trifive, but it's about 2" wider.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 02-12-2021, 03:00 PM

Hit up PRC. They will make you a custom condenser with mounting tabs where you need them. That is what I did and it was very reasonable. The quality is great and was framed nicely.

http://prchotrod.com/our-products/

Last edited by cjfirstgen; 02-12-2021 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:52 PM

That PRC unit looks great!

I believe Restomod Air will build you a custom unit as well. They use an OEM manufacturer to build their units. I've used both (VA) and the Restomod Air condenser is so much nicer. Two different VA condensers' would not lay flat. The paint-not powder coating-was absolutely horrible. This wouldn't be an issue for you.