Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 PM

That is really nice swap I love those cars that ride is killer
Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 PM

Default To answer a few of your questions:

No I was not on the power tour last year. I hope to do the power tour this year or next. I do not have any updated pictures of the cutlass right now. In a few months I’ll be added a set of ATS spindles, C5 brake calipers and rotors, and Hotchkis upper arm. The motor mounts that I used were a set from Street & Performance which then allowed the uses of stock motor mounts for a 350 Chevy for a Monte Carlo. The headers are a set of Dynatech header for a 98-02 f-body. The driver side fit in with no problems but the passage side had to be modified to fit. I will upload a few pictures of the 66 Impala SS in few days. For Right now I have been rebuilding my garage so no work was done on the cars since July. Back in July my neighbor started fire in his wood burning stove to burn trash and left it. It burn down his garage and got our garage too. The cutlass was in the garage at the time of the fire. Good thing I work ¼ mile from home and was able to get the cutlass out with only a little smoke damage inside the car. I got very lucky. So we are building a bigger shop. We should be moving back in to the new garage in a few weeks.
Attached Images

Last edited by RomsMotors; 02-12-2008 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:30 AM

Nice cutlass, my set up will be similar to yours, but old style with a carb and a 700r4 instead of the electric. How well does it hook up with the Hotchkis system? What exactly is included - especially in the rear?

Also, do you know where to find new/OEM rear tail lights - the big red plastic ones.

Last edited by olds; 01-25-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

NICE CAR!!!
Very tastefully done. Can't go wrong with the LSx engines, that's for sure.
Any updated pics/mods?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:09 PM

Awesome car! i have a cutlass with a Chevy 350 in it. my next cutlass gets the LS1. enjoy the new garage too. looks like its going to be awesome.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:19 PM

Sucks your garage burnt but your getting a new one tho.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:13 PM

Default 87 cutless swap ls1

I am doing an ls 1 swap in a 1987 cutless now. The engine is a 1999 5.3 truck motor. I am using the truck intake which I have been told will not clear the hood. I also need a low profile oil pan. I need a little help on the pan you used, any frame work, headers, a low profile alternator adaptor, adaptor for ac bracket, radiator, the engine mounts you used, inch forward etc. I already have my harness, computer, and a turbo 350 with adaptor ready. Also, did you have to modify the cross member.

Once I get the motor in I will post pics. I also notching the frame for 315 or 335 tires once the motor is in.

Thanks.

Dave.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:03 AM

Default cutlass ls1

The majority of the components I used were from a 98 Camaro, kept the manifold and installed custom cat-less exhaust. Ls1 fits in like a glove until you decide to go with headers. The next on my list then a supercharger at the same time. !987 Cutlass Supreme with 550+ whp will be fun!
Old 08-01-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bell View Post
cringe I say.
I always tell people, if it bugs them enough, I'll give them the BBC in exchange for an Olds 455, aluminum heads, steel crank, etc, etc. Oddly, no one wants to take me up on the offer!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
Old 08-03-2012, 02:14 AM

Default First good picture of 87 cutlass-ls1 conversion

Here I have my 1987 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. Just had a 98 Camaro z28 ls1 with transmission,
Grand National 3.73? posi rear end (Will being swapping that in a year when I can afford to supercharge current engine(114K miles and seems to be running strong especially after the first SEAFOAM, which showed a bit of carbon build up as with any 14 year old engine with the miles). Came Warrantied with 6 months !!!
Have performance exhaust system with her quiet as can be until about 5k rpms, kinda going for complete sleeper so leaeving everything stock appeal, Exhaust hidden behind rear tires, Front 25mm sway bar(made noticeable difference compared to stock body roll. I left the Column shifter cause I did not want to take away from original condition of the interior. and the only changes that I will ever make to interior of the car are safer seat belts, ceiling re-upholster, navigation unit.
Has a set of American Racing Wheels with good low profile tires that actually hook up instead of the stock 14 inch wheels that come with the car/BOAT from factory that would just roast rubber for 300+feet... Well here is the first pic I am posting, Keep in mind I need to take off and clean the chrome strip residue from peeling it off on the side of car cause I am not fond of certain pieces of chrome, but i am still going to leave it stylish.
also getting lowering springs next week,cause with the aluminum block as opposed to the stock engine the front end sits up as its in "pre-wheelie mode."

If i could get some feedback that would be awesome!!! Hope the 1 measly maybe two if I dig another up will show some of the cars integrity.
Attached Images