Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 05-29-2010, 06:29 PM

Default am I paranoid

Has anyone used pictures of other members cars as a baseline for their color scheme? Why I ask this is because I have recently photo copied a picture then used markers to play around with different color schemes(been real slow at work). I would like to eventially post a few pics to get opinions, but only if they are welcomed.
My next step is to get a professional rendering done. Until I can narrow down a few color choices I do not want to be bugging artists and be asking them to play mind reader.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:02 AM

I'm confused with the paranoid part haha

I'll be honest with you, I'm not going to say it's hard, but it can get challenging with choosing a paint scheme...in other words, they say copy is the best form of flattery. Do we base paint schemes off of other cars? Sure...with that said, If my client wants something similar to someone else's, I'll try my hardest to change it up a bit, but when I change it, does it become similar to someone else's? Probably haha.

I say post them up, and get opinions man!
Old 05-30-2010, 09:24 AM

Default paint scheme

Here are a few I am playing with. Look past all of the flaws. I am not the best with a marker.
The silver centers are suppose to represent a brushed looking surface. For some reason I could not find a brush aluminum colored marker at hobby lobby

Please tell me what you think of them and what I should consider changing. Thanks
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2010, 02:51 AM

Awesome dude,

I'm a big fan of the blue and silver myself. Some things to change? Think about:

Overall stripe width...right now, it looks like it lines up with the grille shell, think about following the lines of the hood, (Wider) or, try thinner.

Pinstripe width...the marker makes it look like .5 or.75 inch, try thinner, or thicker.

You have a few details indicated other than body: Trim and wheels...I like the black hoops, can we add a little blue? I been on a redlined tires kick here of late...Bluelines?? lol and the black trim is awesome.

There's all kinds of ways to change it up. Sometimes you just gotta look at it, and think what if?

Hopefully my insight has helped...even if its just a little help haha
Old 05-31-2010, 09:18 PM

Default thanks

Seriously, thanks for the replies.
That's funny you mentioned pin striped wheels. I have always loved red stripes on black wheels.

I guess it comes down to these as of right now

1) flat blue stripe, with gloss black divider, fine metallic silver body, and blacked out wheels(gloss), gloss bumpers and accents

2) metallic blue center stripe with flat black divider, metallic silver body, flat black wheels with blue pin stripe, and flat bumpers and accents

3) metallic blue stripe, gloss black stripe, metallic silver, brushed centers, gloss black lips and bolts, powder coated bumpers to match wheels centers, gloss black accents

4) ???????
Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 PM

I'm diggin' 1 and 2.

The reason I'm not into number 3 is because of the powder coated bumpers and trim. I don't feel it should match the wheel centers.. haha then again, I'm partial to the black trim, I think it would look good on a '67 Stang. I think Gloss metallic blue, gloss silver, and flat black would be better, flat black bumpers/trim/wheel hoops. I think that's number 2? lol

Keep us posted man.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 AM

Cool. It's nice having a second opinion.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:59 AM

Default Appears to me that you

have found your artist/renderer (is that a word)LOL
Old 06-04-2010, 07:53 AM

I was hoping to to get a little more imput while not really trying to recruit an artist. I am glad that is how it ended up though.

Last edited by Travis77; 06-04-2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-13-2010, 07:35 AM

I like the black on red, even though mine is red and white. Check out this car done by the guys at Year One.
http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/ghostwo...3/Default.aspx
I've seen this car in person and it looks evil. I don't really like the black side vents he has though. BTW, you have some massive rear tires planned judging by your rendering. If you do go that route let me know how you get'em to fit. I really want to do the same with mine.

67 Camaro
383/ 700r4

57 F100
289 / C4