Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Print Media Coverage
User Name
Password

Old 01-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Good Guys

Default Goodguys 2011 Yearbook Cover Photo Competition

Goodguys is giving all you photo guys and gals a chance to have your photo chosen for the cover of the Goodguys Yearbook.

This was a HUGE success last year, so let's do it again! Yes, the format is VERTICAL. If you're confused, that means taller, not wider.
That's right! Here's your chance to get your favorite photo on the cover of the 2011 Goodguys Yearbook that will be distributed to every participant at every event throughout the 2011 season. Get your photography noticed!

Basically we're looking for great VERTICALLY-formatted (taller than wide) hot rod, custom and muscle car-related photographs. They can be from a Goodguys event, on the road, in the garage, close-ups, whole cars, etc. They can be photos of your car, a buddy's car or just one you thought was cool.

What do you win? How does $250, a year subscription to the Goodguys Gazette, and ten copies of the 2011 Goodguys Yearbook with your photo on the cover sound? Pretty cool, eh?

Well, what are you waiting for? Dig through your stash of favorite photos or get out there and shoot something. To submit, just post your low-res (600x800 pixels maximum - .jpeg format) "judging" entries. If your submission is chosen, you'll be required to supply a high-res image (2600x3500 pixels minimum - .jpeg format) to use for print. Post you submissions at www.goodguysforum.com or email them to [email protected].

RULES OF THE 2011 GOODGUYS YEARBOOK COMPETITION

OUTLINE: Goodguys is looking for "high-quality" vertically-formatted submissions that match the "high-end" quality associated with the yearbook.
The subject can be anything hot rod, custom or muscle car-related.
"High-quality" refers to the execution of the photo and not necessarily the subject.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE: The 2011 Goodguys Yearbook competition is open to anyone from any country. Professional and non-professional photographers are encouraged to submit entries.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: All participants must submit their work online or via email. Digital files are required for judging. Digital "judging" submissions must be no longer than 800 pixels on the longest side and saved as Jpegs, in RGB format and not exceed 4MB each file. (Low-res submission - 300x400 pixels optimum - 600 X 800 pixels maximum). A final high-res version of the winning submission will be required and must be supplied no later than 2/11/2011 (High-res submissions 2600x3500 pixels minimum - .jpeg format). Do not send originals prints. Goodguys is not responsible for lost or damaged prints and will not return any physical submissions.

ENTRY FEES: There are none! Submit as many photos as you like.

USE OF IMAGES: Copyright and all other rights remain that of the photographer. Any photograph used by Goodguys shall carry the photographer's credit line. Use may include publication in any Goodguys publication and/or advertising related to the contest. All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by Goodguys for marketing and promotional purposes including in any media such as exhibitions, print and digital media directly related to the 2011 Goodguys Yearbook competition, though there may not be monetary compensation.

JUDGING: All judging will be done by the Goodguys Gazette staff and will be final pending guideline-correct submission (see submission guidelines) of the winning photo. To be considered, photos must be vertically-formatted.
Goodguys will NOT crop horizontal submissions. Inability to provide winning entry in the required high-res format will result in disqualification.
Winner will be notified my phone or email. The winner will be announced no later than 2/9/2011.

Questions? Just ask here or email Kirk at: [email protected]

Thanks Goodguy Ed
Old 01-04-2011, 09:13 PM

Ed, To bad I got a new phone. I had that one picture that would have been perfect!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM HOTRODS View Post
Ed, To bad I got a new phone. I had that one picture that would have been perfect!!!!!!
I have photographic memory but no USB connection otherwise I could help out.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Good Guys

Default Goodguys 2011 Yearbook Photo Contest.

Curt, I am sure one of your guys still has it......Ha ha

Also we only except pictures of completed trucks with bed floors!!!! That for you Rodger....

I know we will not get any photo's from Kenny as he only uses his camera phone...

Let Tracy know we need two purses with the CleanAir55....cats out of the bag....
Old 01-05-2011, 10:46 AM

To Bad Goodguys is not looking to put Go-Karts on the cover. It would have a 10 car team or Big Head's fleet of Ebay specials.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Supporting Vendor

RecoveryRoomInteriors.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed.Capen View Post
Curt, I am sure one of your guys still has it......Ha ha

Also we only except pictures of completed trucks with bed floors!!!! That for you Rodger....

I know we will not get any photo's from Kenny as he only uses his camera phone...

Let Tracy know we need two purses with the CleanAir55....cats out of the bag....
That's just mean!!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:14 PM

Ive submitted Mark Lengals 69 LS1 Vert

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xdisast...7625460417467/
Old 01-19-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdisaster240sx View Post
Ive submitted Mark Lengals 69 LS1 Vert

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xdisast...7625460417467/
This picture or another?

Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM

That one and I also sent my portfolio along with it just incase they might find anything they like. I also submitted my uncles car... I cant get the other one to upload

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...current=bw.jpg
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdisaster240sx View Post
That one and I also sent my portfolio along with it just incase they might find anything they like. I also submitted my uncles car... I cant get the other one to upload

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...current=bw.jpg
Dude, were going to that bridge in the spring