Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-23-2017, 10:23 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Well got the flex sensor wired last weekend as well as a few other things I'll explain below. Was worried about the sensor as with key on it read "err low volt." During cranking it woke up and started displaying ethanol content.

Right where I expected it to be with pump 93 and it's "up to 10% ethanol" content.

Along with the wiring of the flex fuel sensor, I wired in an oil temp sensor that will be installed post oil cooler on the next oil change. I also wanted to take advantage of a two step but was looking for a way to control it as I dont have a clutch switch so had to use what I have available.

I have a custom output setup as a "ground" output which is what the two step INPUT requires. I have it set to signal that output when the VSS is under 5mph and my available holley input switch on dash are both active. In theory I can do a burnout with no limiter issues, then click switch, roll to line and it will be on the 2 step (say 3-3500rpm). Launch car and when it gets over 5mph it'll disengage the two step and allow full rev. Will practice with that maybe this weekend. Only concern is the response time of the VSS being sufficient to register 5mph before the car tries to climb over that.

William
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 05-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
Thanks! Been a long time coming but finally getting to realize some of the hard work.

She's not finished but she's fun

Looks awesome!
Old 05-27-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@Ridetech View Post
Looks awesome!
X2 !

Old 05-27-2017, 04:36 PM

Appreciate it guys. Needs some work still. It coming along. Taking it out tomorrow rain pending so maybe have some new pics with some twin peaks girls. And get to test the brake switch alteration and see what the ethanol sensor does. Still no e85 in the car yet.
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 11-05-2017, 02:08 PM

Hi William

I have the same NRG short hub as well as the NRG quick release similar to yours.

I did the installation yesterday but I noticed that there is about a 1/4 inch gap between the hub and the flaming river steering column housing ( not sure if it is the right name for it).

The hub is fully seated and through the steering column shaft splines.

Not sure why the reason why there is such a gap shown in the below link

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...sbuxs0xqc.jpeg
Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors, FIKSE FM5s

Last edited by 72Z/28; 11-06-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:45 AM

Will, you owe everyone an update since LSfest and everything else with the car!!!!
1969 Mach 1 Fastback | New Project
Old 05-12-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBronco View Post
Will, you owe everyone an update since LSfest and everything else with the car!!!!
How about an update now.

This past Saturday myself and a few friends rented out the race track to get out of quarantine and enjoy some burn rubber and race fuel.

I wanted to go log some boost control settings in the Holley and do so in a safe area and prepped track for traction reasons.

I ended up hurting the clutch/slave and was out for the day, but after seeing temps fall back into the low 70s-high 60s, and the prep they put on the track for some fast cars (7.1@200mph fast). I decided to give it another whirl. Trans was shifting on upshifts with no issues!

Babied it off the line to ensure I got a clean "fast pass"

Saw the time and turned right back around to try and best it. Didn't run a quicker time but i went FASTER:

Overall very happy with the trip. I found that I need more fuel and CarlC onboard here helped me with about an hour long phone call talking through options and general shooting of the ****. Happy to have guys like CarlC that I can rely on with good honest advice and experience to back it up.

Also a shoutout goes to AndrewB70 for helping me get this things street manners under control and just being an all around great resource and friend to chat car stuff with.

William
2018 GMC Denali HD
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to will69camaro For This Useful Post:
Roscoe03 (05-12-2020), ScotI (05-13-2020), WILWAXU (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
How about an update now.

This past Saturday myself and a few friends rented out the race track to get out of quarantine and enjoy some burn rubber and race fuel.

I wanted to go log some boost control settings in the Holley and do so in a safe area and prepped track for traction reasons.

I ended up hurting the clutch/slave and was out for the day, but after seeing temps fall back into the low 70s-high 60s, and the prep they put on the track for some fast cars (7.1@200mph fast). I decided to give it another whirl. Trans was shifting on upshifts with no issues!

Babied it off the line to ensure I got a clean "fast pass"

Saw the time and turned right back around to try and best it. Didn't run a quicker time but i went FASTER:

Overall very happy with the trip. I found that I need more fuel and CarlC onboard here helped me with about an hour long phone call talking through options and general shooting of the ****. Happy to have guys like CarlC that I can rely on with good honest advice and experience to back it up.

Also a shoutout goes to AndrewB70 for helping me get this things street manners under control and just being an all around great resource and friend to chat car stuff with.

William

Dude!! That gives me goose bumps there brother!!! Fricken amazing. I guess if you had an auto trans and built a bunch of boost off the line, it would just blow the tired off?
Heidts Pro G IRS/ Heidts Pro G Front
DSE mini tubs
TMI interior
4L80E
6.0L TT? Maybe
https://www.facebook.com/Angry-Johnn...?ref=bookmarks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rodknock For This Useful Post:
Roscoe03 (05-12-2020), will69camaro (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodknock View Post
Dude!! That gives me goose bumps there brother!!! Fricken amazing. I guess if you had an auto trans and built a bunch of boost off the line, it would just blow the tired off?
The guy helping with my tune said “put an auto in it and go 8s.”

I think it’s gonna go 9s pretty easily at this point. Fuel system upgrades. And a little suspension work I’m im hoping it goes low 9s at mid-high 150s
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 05-12-2020, 10:27 PM

Great runs for babying it off the line like that. Seemed to hold the power well enough once it was moving. What tires were you running in the back?

Dave