Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Got the car up in the air and took the front wheels off. Easiest way to change the plugs. Swapped out the TR7IX for some colder (and cheaper) B8EFS, gapped to .020-.022".

​​

Since it was up in the air already, i started chasing down some pesky leaks (power steering a bit, small amount of coolant, and some trans fluid that i cant seem to get to stop!!!)
Ontop of that, I swapped out the BR30 breaking oil (second round) and put in some Shell Rotella T as the "full use" oil. The last round of BR30 was short lived as I had an O2 problem that resulted in a SERIOUS fueling issue and didn't want to risk oil that could have had significant fuel contamination.

While I was doing the oil change, decided now was as good a time as any to put in the oil cooler.

Hoses are done but i'm not in love with the routing so may change them up later on, it's functional but not ideal.

Cooler also is a little low, it's about 1" lower than the front spoioler, but that is shorter than stock and it's still well above the cross member. I think it'll survive just fine in that location.

After completing that I went for a spirited drive with some friends to a local car meet this past Sunday. Didn't get any shots of the Twin Peaks girls by the car, but that will be an opportunity explored at a later time.

Front row parking!
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 05-03-2017, 10:41 PM

Hi William

You mentioned you had O2 sensor issues. Did the check engine light come ON from which you identified that issue.

I do have gas milage issues with my 68 camaro powered with LS6. However, the CEL has not come on to find out what is causing this poor gas milage problem
Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors, FIKSE FM5s
Old 05-03-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Z/28 View Post
Hi William

You mentioned you had O2 sensor issues. Did the check engine light come ON from which you identified that issue.

I do have gas milage issues with my 68 camaro powered with LS6. However, the CEL has not come on to find out what is causing this poor gas milage problem
My setup isn't as clean as stock when it comes to CEL. I didn't have a light setup for it reading as lean as it suggested with o2. But may our thag in place. Le.

I realized it when the car started running HORRIBLE as in it would barely run and fouled a set of plugs. The issue has been resolved. It was a tuning issue (setting in the dominator) that I made a mistake on during initial configuration.
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 05-04-2017, 10:43 PM

The car looks sweet Will, glad your out with it.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:37 AM

Yea this part of it is more fun so far. Drove it in to work today. Second Friday in a row! Start of a streak.
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 05-06-2017, 06:24 PM

Will,

It took me all day but it just dawned on me why I liked your car so much when we talked this morning at coffee and cars. I've been following your build forever on here. I wish I would have remembered it at the time. I had way more questions than side mirrors, window trim, insurance and talking about the license plate. I think the model year plate would have been cool but your new one fits nice with the style of the car. The car is awesome in person!

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me and my wife.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserve View Post
Will,

It took me all day but it just dawned on me why I liked your car so much when we talked this morning at coffee and cars. I've been following your build forever on here. I wish I would have remembered it at the time. I had way more questions than side mirrors, window trim, insurance and talking about the license plate. I think the model year plate would have been cool but your new one fits nice with the style of the car. The car is awesome in person!

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me and my wife.
Oh awesome! It was good meeting you and your wife too. I can dig up the mirrors to show you exactly the ones I got of it helps you out. I can give the contact to the guy that did the glass too!

Any questions feel free to hit me up. I'm always down to talk cars!
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 05-08-2017, 03:56 PM

Car looks good as always brother glad your getting to drive it all over I am jealous.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicypop View Post
Car looks good as always brother glad your getting to drive it all over I am jealous.
Thanks! Been a long time coming but finally getting to realize some of the hard work.

She's not finished but she's fun

2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 05-10-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
Oh awesome! It was good meeting you and your wife too. I can dig up the mirrors to show you exactly the ones I got of it helps you out. I can give the contact to the guy that did the glass too!

Any questions feel free to hit me up. I'm always down to talk cars!
I'm definitely more interested in some more info on the mirrors. I didn't know there were 2 different pedestal sizes and that makes a huge difference. I'm also contemplating the Hollywood Smoothie's. From what I can research it also fits pretty well and looks clean.