Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 01-22-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
I have to agree, if the school can't handle it then it's time for him to stand up for himself in one form or another. Back when I was in Kindergarden they would paddle your ass. I still remember the principal taking kids out in the hall. All this political bologna put an end to it and this is what the educators are left with. Princiapals should still have that power IMO. Parents that could care less about there kids and their behavior are not to rare now. I hear about it all the time. Kelli is a 1st grade teacher.
I agree Todd. I wish the schools had more leverage with the kids. I remember getting my ass whacked more than once in school.

I bet Kelli sees it all huh?

The bottom line is that if he NEEDS to he will. And when that happens I will back him up 110% with whatever trouble he gets into.

There are some STELLAR examples of bad parents around here. (where I live that is)

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:07 PM

Give Brenden a high-5 for me...he's acting very mature for his age!

It's up to the school and school district to do the right thing here! Hopefully early next week the other kid is moved to a differant class room and the parents get a good talking to! And hopefully they don't share recess time after the kid moves class rooms...at that point if it continues then I guess Brenden needs to 'fix it' himself...just tell him to hold back on the kid!

I stood up to the neighborhood bully when I was around 12 yrs old, he never gave me crap again and we have been real good friends since!

Best of luck with this!!

Last edited by awr68; 01-22-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs View Post
I also told them that this other kid obviously needs help of some sort. 5 year olds don't do this stuff without learning it at home first.
I would guess you might be correct here. This other boy probably has some special needs. My wife is a Para-Educator at one of the local schools. She works one-on-one with a few kids that have issues. Some of them are pretty violent towards other kids...and the teachers.
Maybe this kid needs some special attention and the teaching staff hasn't looked into it yet?I agree that a lot of it comes from home and the way his folks raise him.
I hope you find a civil solution, Eric.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Supporting Member

File suit against the parents, the principal and the school district on Monday. The complaint doesn't need to be fancy, it doesn't even need to withstand a demurrer. All it needs to do is to get their attention. Have the complaint served on Monday, by a process server, in person, at the school - make sure you sue and serve the principal personally and make sure you allege that he/she has willfully failed to follow district policy. It'll cost you a little to prepare the complaint and to have it personally served, but you want shock and awe.

DO NOT encourage or allow you son to kick the bejeesus out of the other kid. That will only muddy the record, and may expose you and your kid to a world of hurt. The "parents" of the other kid are clearly not suitable to be rearing young, and will only seize on any retaliation to pursue a claim against you.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:13 PM

School Superintendent is next step, then Board of Ed President. Use the word lawsuit liberally. Keep your notes together.

Too bad, if your boy whacks bully kid with a book or kicks him in the jewels your boy will get in trouble. I bet his parents know the word lawsuit. Funny correlation there.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors
Old 01-22-2010, 08:15 PM

Thanks Roger and Tony,
He (my son) is handling this deal pretty mature for a 5 year old. He is a tough kid and can take his lumps. You should see him spar at class every night. This kid is in for a WORLD of hurt if Brenden cuts loose on him. But telling my 5 year old to go beat up some other kid at school is a tough pill for me to swallow.

I also hope we find a civil solution and fast. They are having a staff meeting on Monday and I should have some sort of answer.
The other kids parents have been talked to a few times. I have been told it was like talking to a brick wall and that I should be glad I don't know them. Sounds like a great place to raise a kid huh?
You know, if this kid does not get some help in his life he WILL end up in prison and then I get to pay for it. Pretty cool how that works huh?

Maybe Brenden kicking his ass will change him and do him a favor?

Old 01-22-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkelcy View Post
File suit against the parents, the principal and the school district on Monday. The complaint doesn't need to be fancy, it doesn't even need to withstand a demurrer. All it needs to do is to get their attention. Have the complaint served on Monday, by a process server, in person, at the school - make sure you sue and serve the principal personally and make sure you allege that he/she has willfully failed to follow district policy. It'll cost you a little to prepare the complaint and to have it personally served, but you want shock and awe.

DO NOT encourage or allow you son to kick the bejeesus out of the other kid. That will only muddy the record, and may expose you and your kid to a world of hurt. The "parents" of the other kid are clearly not suitable to be rearing young, and will only seize on any retaliation to pursue a claim against you.

I spoke to the district head tonight. He is the direct boss of the principal at this school. He was not aware of any of this, but he assured me he will be a surprise guest at the staff meeting on Monday and get to the bottom of it. I made it clear that I want to work this out without going to the next step which is a legal issue for them. I also made it clear I will not compromise when it comes to my son and that they need to take care of this right now.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Supporting Vendor

Autokraft.org

Check out this thread
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=205263
Hope you get it all worked out.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs View Post
He was not aware of any of this, but he assured me he will be a surprise guest at the staff meeting on Monday and get to the bottom of it.
That's bureaucrat for "the check's in the mail." The principal is either incompetent or uncaring. Either way, you won't get instant action. You'll get a lot more attention with a complaint or even just a letter from a lawyer - on Monday.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokraft View Post
Check out this thread
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=205263
Hope you get it all worked out.
Thanks, I will check it out.