...

Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Print Media Coverage
User Name
Password



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-27-2015, 07:20 AM
Mr.VENGEANCE Mr.VENGEANCE is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What I love is that those old guys who just cant see how cool an LS is hates on it because putting one into a car isnt as easy like throwing in a 350.. there is electronics that scare them the same way they cant understand their android phone.. with ignorance there is always hate nearby.

the funny thing is at this moment I am swapping in an LS into my 65 Lincoln.. now imagine the hate im going to get.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-27-2015, 09:04 AM
andrewb70's Avatar
andrewb70 andrewb70 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 517
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Here is another funny thing. I've taken the car to a couple of local shows and even an all Ford show, and most people were totally clueless as to what they were looking at. I could have told them it was anything...Then I tell them that it's an engine out of a 2009 Colorado pick up and I actually think they don't believe me.

Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Brewtal66 Brewtal66 is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Moreno valley, CA
Posts: 195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
What I love is that those old guys who just cant see how cool an LS is hates on it because putting one into a car isnt as easy like throwing in a 350.. there is electronics that scare them the same way they cant understand their android phone.. with ignorance there is always hate nearby.

the funny thing is at this moment I am swapping in an LS into my 65 Lincoln.. now imagine the hate im going to get.
Agreed!

I put an LQ4 into my '62 Cadillac. I suppose it's at least GM to GM, not GM to Ford....but some of the purists still had to tell me it was wrong.
__________________
Tim King
Editor, Lateral-G
TimLatG@Gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Brewtal66 Brewtal66 is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Moreno valley, CA
Posts: 195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
Here is another funny thing. I've taken the car to a couple of local shows and even an all Ford show, and most people were totally clueless as to what they were looking at. I could have told them it was anything...Then I tell them that it's an engine out of a 2009 Colorado pick up and I actually think they don't believe me.

Andrew
By the way...I was at LS Fest, saw this car there...didn't realize it was you! I should have said hello. Next year.
__________________
Tim King
Editor, Lateral-G
TimLatG@Gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-24-2015, 10:43 AM
kttrucks's Avatar
kttrucks kttrucks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Suffer not the Hating Trolls! I saw you at LS Fest as well, and the car made me smile REALLY big! I'm typically a blue oval guy, JADED was one of my favorite personal builds, and I have deep connections to the early Cougars ( insert joke here...) But ZedSled (78 Camaro) has been tons of fun for me, even though I do fall into the belly-butten crowd of predictability... ( I don't care.... ) however in my opinion, if you're keeping one on the street and out of the crusher and having fun with it.... you've satisfied your mission! If you're making heads turn and causing a caffuffle amongst the low-brow haters..... doubly so!!

Well done!


KT.
__________________
PTFB, Viking, Holley Performance Products, BFGoodrich, Heatshield Products, Turbonetics, Hellion Turbo Systems,TCI, Dennys driveshafts, Eastwood, Preferredline Media, Summit Racing, Strange Engineering, Forgeline, TMI Products, DBR High Performance, Spectre Performance, Vintage Air, NPD, Digitails, Redline Lumtronix, Dakota Digital, Newport Engineering, Stage 8 fasteners, Industrial Depot, Brian Finch, Grant Salter, and many more Good friends with big hearts.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-24-2015, 12:02 PM
andrewb70's Avatar
andrewb70 andrewb70 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 517
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttrucks View Post
Suffer not the Hating Trolls! I saw you at LS Fest as well, and the car made me smile REALLY big! I'm typically a blue oval guy, JADED was one of my favorite personal builds, and I have deep connections to the early Cougars ( insert joke here...) But ZedSled (78 Camaro) has been tons of fun for me, even though I do fall into the belly-butten crowd of predictability... ( I don't care.... ) however in my opinion, if you're keeping one on the street and out of the crusher and having fun with it.... you've satisfied your mission! If you're making heads turn and causing a caffuffle amongst the low-brow haters..... doubly so!!

Well done!


KT.
Thanks KT...and Merry Christmas.

Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Stovebolter's Avatar
Stovebolter Stovebolter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Harrison, AR
Posts: 301
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You know what they say, "Opinions are like............"

I don't really care what anyone thinks, I built my car for me, not to please a crowd of anal retentive turkeys. Love your build because it's different!
__________________
468 BBC, TH400, Moser 9" floater, True Forged Competitions 18x9.5 18x12, Kore 3 C6 ZO6 calipers 14" & 13" rotors, Ride Tech True Turn, Ride Tech Air TQ's, Torque Arm with Watts link, Moser CT Full Floater 9" with locker.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-03-2016, 05:09 PM
andrewb70's Avatar
andrewb70 andrewb70 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 517
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Got a little more love north of the border. Looks like this turd has gone international!







Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-04-2016, 06:33 PM
57hemicuda's Avatar
57hemicuda 57hemicuda is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 846
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Haters gonna hate. Love it Andrew, patina is the new chrome. Needing you to work on those ET's though, I know there is an 11 sec. pass in there waiting to come out. 2 4bbls ish for the win. LOL
__________________
Ron Schwarz
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-04-2016, 07:24 PM
andrewb70's Avatar
andrewb70 andrewb70 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 517
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57hemicuda View Post
Haters gonna hate. Love it Andrew, patina is the new chrome. Needing you to work on those ET's though, I know there is an 11 sec. pass in there waiting to come out. 2 4bbls ish for the win. LOL
Thanks Ron. This little 5.3L only makes 325 rwhp. I don't think there is an 11 second pass in it...What I need to do is stick the 6.2L from the GTO in the Cougar and then put the 5.3L in the GTO and add a snail shaped muffler....LOL

Andrew
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Lateral-g.net