Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
That's not correct. The G Bar was a joint venture between Air Ride and Chris Alston. Basically and air bar with varishocks. The prodigy bar is the same but with QA1 end links everywhere except the front spring pocket. The G Link is a fresh design from Chris Alston solely.
What I can tell you is that I purchased a Prodigy bar from Frank and what arrived was the G-Link from Alston. That tells me that what Frank is selling as the Prodigy Bar is actually the G-Link. That said, I understand this suspension has been undergoing a number of improvements recently.
Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!
"Jeremy Clarkson"
Old 11-22-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
What I can tell you is that I purchased a Prodigy bar from Frank and what arrived was the G-Link from Alston. That tells me that what Frank is selling as the Prodigy Bar is actually the G-Link. That said, I understand this suspension has been undergoing a number of improvements recently.
You mean G-Bar. There are two different generations of Alston things, the G-Bar which is what the Prodigy Bar is based off of, and the G-Link which is similar but different.

The G-link doesn't need it's bearings changed in general because they have spherical already (except maybe the lowest variant). The Cradle is vastly different and I believe offers much more adjustment.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
I'd have to talk to Frank but what I said is on the money since I can't imagine Frank is making any changes to the G Link. It has the trick end links and adjustments.

The Prodigy Bar is a G Bar with different end links that will last. I tore out the factory end links my 1st autocross.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:16 PM

Default chassisworks g-bar & g-link difference

I'm not sure what Frank has but the major difference is the Chassisworks g-bar has poly bushings for the end links the Chassiworks g-link has pivot balls for the end links. Both systems are available with either air springs or coil overs

http://cachassisworks.com/c-340-cama...gm-f-body.aspx

68 Camaro, LS1 T56, DSE Speed Kit 2, DSE Quadralink, DSE Mini Tub, Forgelines, Vintage Air, Dakota Digital, GM Tilt Column, Corbeau Seats
2012 Dodge 3500 4x4 6.7L Diesel CCSB
Old 11-22-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
That's not correct. The G Bar was a joint venture between Air Ride and Chris Alston. Basically and air bar with varishocks. The prodigy bar is the same but with QA1 end links everywhere except the front spring pocket. The G Link is a fresh design from Chris Alston solely.
G Bar(Mustang Photo)
http://scandc.com/new/node/534

Prodigy Bar
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=16153

G Link
http://www.cachassisworks.com/gBar.html
Using G Bar due to marketing.

I bought my G Bar in 2007. I don't want to sound like a prick, but I know what I'm talking about. HA HA

Last edited by Vegas69; 11-23-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:47 AM

Yeah check out Vegas's project thread... he knows every inch of his car which includes a 4-link stated previously. Hes been through this a couple of times Im sure.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:36 PM

if you get on their website and look at the pictures you will see that they are using a fab 9 housing which has a ton lower mounting points for the coil over. you want to maintain shock travel as its a good thing! im sure with the various housing mount points and a tiny bit of coil over adjustment you can get the ride height desired.If you already have your rear end "built" im sure the shop or your self could order these brackets and weld them on. hope this helps.-JEFF
Old 11-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67XR7 View Post
if you get on their website and look at the pictures you will see that they are using a fab 9 housing which has a ton lower mounting points for the coil over. you want to maintain shock travel as its a good thing! im sure with the various housing mount points and a tiny bit of coil over adjustment you can get the ride height desired.If you already have your rear end "built" im sure the shop or your self could order these brackets and weld them on. hope this helps.-JEFF
The kit can be ordered with the brackets to weld to your own rear end. The springs are too long for a super low ride height and the fact that the cross bar sits under the stock trunk floor makes them sit in a lower position vs the DSE which has the shock cross member and mounts the shocks higher up so you can still sit low and have the correct travel. Sorry I'm not a suspension engineer but that is the thought in my head. Here are pictures of the Alston G-Link as Todd stated it is different than the older G-bar/Prodigy bar.

Project pics of my '69
Camaro Performers Magazine Feature

Last edited by Rybar; 11-23-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:37 PM

For what it's worth here's a pic of our G-Link and Fab9. These were bought form Prodigy last winter.

//1969 Camaro (Hers...)
Old 11-23-2011, 09:05 PM

You wouldn't happen to have any pics of full compression with frame-to-axletube clearance, would you?

Thanks anyways for those pics tho!