Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Default DSE Subframe Press Release with pictures

Detroit Speed and Engineering’s all new front subframe is a bolt in replacement for the original stock subframe and improves the handling and ride quality by utilizing DSE’s unique suspension geometry. It is the only subframe in the aftermarket industry with hydroformed frame rails. The hydroformed frame rails feature strength and stiffness, relatively low weight, and precise quality and repeatability. Hydroforming preserves the steel’s strength and stiffness because it is performed at low temperatures, unlike traditional high temperature processes which decrease
material strength.

The subframe utilizes a coilover shock/spring, rack and pinion steering, and splined sway bar. A 10” wide wheel can be packaged and the subframe comes assembled as an entire system. Both main and secondary crossmembers are stamped for structural rigidity. SBC, BBC, and LSX engines have been designed into this subframe.

Detroit Speed and Engineering, Inc. is located in Mooresville, North Carolina. The company provides products and services to transform a vintage muscle car into an all-around versatile vehicle. In addition to design and fabrication services, the company manufactures a line of components to bring muscle cars into the new millennium. Detroit Speed and Engineering, Inc. has been recognized for its engineering and attention to detail. For more information, contact Detroit Speed and Engineering, Inc. at 704-662-3272 or on their website at www.detroitspeed.com.

THE ONLY HYDROFORMED FRAME IN THE AFTERMARKET!

The hydroformed frame features great strength and stiffness, relatively low weight and precise quality by replacing the stamping process.

DSE exclusive suspension geometry for superior ride and handling

Specifically designed with power rack and pinion steering

Utilizes a splined sway bar

Hydroform subframe is a direct bolt-in, decreasing installation time

Accepts SBC, BBC, or LSX engines

Design can accommodate a 10” wide front wheel

Coilover shocks/springs allow spring rate tuning and ride height adjustment

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 07-08-2006, 06:52 PM

Very cool, finally an aftermarket subframe that has a beefy enough looking crossmember and doesn't look like it will "fold in" on itself under some weight. A lot of the tubular or partially tubular subframes out there look neat but I bet they're about as strong as a wet noodle.

The UCA angles are a bit out of the ordinary too, looks almost like a 78-87 A/G-body UCA arrangement!

What's the expected street price?
Old 07-08-2006, 07:04 PM

In person the lower arms looked Longer than stock. upers kind of looked shorter.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown353
Very cool, finally an aftermarket subframe that has a beefy enough looking crossmember and doesn't look like it will "fold in" on itself under some weight. A lot of the tubular or partially tubular subframes out there look neat but I bet they're about as strong as a wet noodle.

The UCA angles are a bit out of the ordinary too, looks almost like a 78-87 A/G-body UCA arrangement!

What's the expected street price?

$6700 without brakes.

Jeff
Old 07-08-2006, 08:20 PM

Just saw the new subframe at Goodguys. It's typical DSE perfection. Kyle and Stacy won the suspension product of the year award and peoples choice for the subframe along with a third award for the rs electric headlight door motors.

Mike
Old 07-09-2006, 07:04 AM

Nice now we need one witch can take the traditional Pontiac injun engine!!!!!!! as usual its all chevy based
Old 07-09-2006, 09:04 AM

Saw it in person yesterday at Columbus! This thing is soooooo cool. So many people were just looking at her car and not even noticing that it was in there. That's how well it's engineered and appears to be a stock component! Can't wait to get mine.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

You have to see the sub in person to actually see the awesome guality piece it is. I know I'm a DSE homey but it is fantastico.

Well deserved award for a great company.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:44 AM

Another thing cool about it is that it uses headers that were made for the stock sub frame.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:49 PM

I also saw the subframe a Columbus yesterday and is typical DSE quality. Stacy told me they ended up using a C6 corvette spindle because it was so similar to what they had designed it only made sense. Deliveries should be late Aug. or early Sept. and they are taking deposits to secure a place in line.

Ordering mine tomorrow...can't wait

Matt
Closed Thread