Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

The DSE sub is like no other, I wish it was 10K.

DSE stuff holds its value, get what you pay for and more.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Body
Oh my you guys must have more money than Brains $6,700 large with out BRAKES come onnnn and its stock hell order a Chris alston peice for a fraction way nicer lighter and stronger and looks sweeet, Detroit builds nice stuff but please guys lets face it for the monet theres better places to spend that kind of jack
Must be nice to give out BS advice without knowing anything about it.

I would like to know how good the quality is between a Wayne Due and a 21st subframe.
Those are the 3 that I'm looking at for next year.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:28 AM

Wow some very interesting comments, but have you gotten your heads out of the clouds and counted the zero's on this product come on and as for the alston peice page 42 of there catalog check it out way nicer peice more modern looking for that kind of money and put a stock looking item in my car come on, plus alstons is $1,900 without a-arms of course but do the math Detroit who you trying to kid hear! http://www.cachassisworks.com/downlo...c_14b_high.pdf

Last edited by G-Body; 07-12-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:37 AM

Just because it looks more modern in your eyes doesn't mean it's got handling in mind. Remeber that Chris Alston's Chassisworks is based more in the drag racing arena. Detroit Speed designed theirs with handling in mind. Yes, it has a stock look to it, but look at how many people opt for that look anyway. Personally, it's a cleaner look than a tube frame. And with the more modern looking suspension components on there, it's bound to be underestimated.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:47 AM

I'll take DSE's new s/f over the Alston frame w/ Mustang II arms anyday!

I can't afford this new setup from DSE for this build, but I am more than proud/happy to have their c/o conversion, uppers, and lowers on my camaro! And maybe just maybe one day I will buy the Wayne Due frame that all my parts will bolt onto...

BTW, I'd much rather have my current DSE setup than that Alston frame...but to each his own!
Old 07-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Wow some very interesting comments, but have you gotten your heads out of the clouds and counted the zero's on this product come on and as for the alston peice page 42 of there catalog check it out way nicer peice more modern looking for that kind of money and put a stock looking item in my car come on, plus alstons is $1,900 without a-arms of course but do the math Detroit who you trying to kid hear! http://www.cachassisworks.com/downlo...c_14b_high.pdf

If you do not like the price don't buy it.I wouldn't worry about how somebody else spends there money.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:55 AM

The Chris Alston frame only has one crossmember. The DSE has one big beefy crossmember that looks stronger than the aston's only crossmember and then also has another one in front of the rack and pinion! Mustang 2 suspension sucks compared to the susp on the DSE
Old 07-12-2006, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Wow, why don't you answer my post instead of spewing more nonsense.. What do you know of the geometry differences between the two? What's the weight difference between the two?

Do you think that because that it's more modern "looking" that it's somehow better based on it's looks?

Last I checked $6700 had the same amount of zeros as $1900..

In case you missed it.. my previous post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2
I like the Chris Alston stuff but what data do you have that shows it's "lighter, stronger" than the DSE unit?

Do you know the weight of the DSE unit? Really, I'm curious...

Also, what about the revised suspension geometry of the DSE unit looks "stock" to you?

See Bad Penny run the cones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUPPIX-92U

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

1968 Camaro - Project Track Rat - 440 RHS LS
Old 07-12-2006, 12:57 AM

The only thing better about the Alston is the price, and maybe weight, but minimal.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:00 AM

AWR68 makes a great point " he cant afford it" well most could not at that price! and again not that these guys arent doing there job indeed it is a great peice, and sure people will always spend money on things that seem cool because there new! "Jonny 51" but dollar for dollar and product for product even in a high horsepower good looking show car! alston is still the way to go! again my opion and if i was spending my hard earned jack it would not be on a $7,000 Half a frame hell you could have a complete tube chassis built or than again order that better looking and better all around frame from alston and still have enough left over almost to bye those fancy fikse wheels that only make 4 styles in lol Boys there are other awesome products out there but props goes to Detroit for the effort and they may rob a few of you folks sounds like it got a few suckers already good luck

Last edited by G-Body; 07-12-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Closed Thread