Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2021, 09:26 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default Ride Tech sway bar installed correctly?

I recently installed a Ride Tech sway bar on my C10 since I didn't have one at all. They offered the fattest bar which goes with my big bar soft spring preference for a street vehicle. Shipping was quick and the packaging was absolutely fantastic. Directions were good too. The only problem I'm having is they aren't responding to any emails so hopefully you all can help guide me in their absence.

My truck is lower than their Street Grip suspension which I believe this bar was designed around. As you can see from the pics below, the end links are already leaning forward and in towards the center of the truck while I'm at ride height. The bar sits fairly level with the ends only slightly up which is to be expected since I'm lower than I think they intended. I've driven the truck a bit and feel no binding or noises from the front end. However, I'm about to pull everything apart in order to rebuild the ball joints and bushings. I figured I'd investigate the possibility of moving the control arm mounts in more which should correct their current angles and have them more vertical. Do you think it's worth the effort though? If I need to redo the frame mounts to pull the bar closer to the frame, I can do this at the same time. No big deal really.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims