Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 11-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Banned

Default Front Suspension Concerns

I received this picture and I am a bit concerned.

Ridetech upper/lower, spindles, tru-turn, Forgeline 18x10 w/ 6.1 back spacing(Right Ron?)

What are your thoughts?
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2012, 05:14 PM

Cole the Backspacing according to what Ride Tech has posted else where it should be 5.75 bs?? I would call them to make sure?

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 11-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Banned

I called Ridetech and someone there said the 48 Camaro had 5.5" backspacing..

Maybe a small spacer will correct it or ???
Old 11-23-2012, 07:22 PM

I think I may have a pair of 1/2" spacers laying around. Let me know if you need them.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:57 PM

Did you do anything to the inner fenders and fender lips?? I know the 69 has more room then a 67-68 but I still think you need widen them up a bit.

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 11-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
I think I may have a pair of 1/2" spacers laying around. Let me know if you need them.
Concerned it may push the fronts out to far. It's borderline. I'll keep ya posted though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick D View Post
Did you do anything to the inner fenders and fender lips?? I know the 69 has more room then a 67-68 but I still think you need widen them up a bit.

Inner were on, not sure if they hit or not though. Ill keep a eye out
Old 11-23-2012, 08:47 PM

What is it?

The TruTurn system is an upgraded steering system that includes the following:

Spindles – taller overall to improve the camber gain and a raised spindle pin to lower your car by 2" [ Click to see the difference ]
Steering Arms – designed to correct bumpsteer AND allow clearance for up to a 10" wide wheel with a 5.75" backspacing.
Draglink bracket – bolts onto your oem draglink to relocate the inner tierod end to minimize bumpsteer
Tie Rod Assemblies – integrates with your new steering arms and centerlink to provide a tru "no fab" bolt on steering system.

from ridetechs website

if they say 5.75 and you are at 6.1 then a 5/16" spacer will get you damn close that or a 3/8th spacer

3/8th spacer will net you a 5.725 backspacing position. if you get those 1/2 spacers then you would be at 5.6" backspacing
Old 11-23-2012, 08:50 PM

Come to think of it 6.1 will be OK but you will rub frame rail lock to lock. You will be limited on ride height and tire width though. You can get a 275 but you most likely will have to roll fender lips. 255's are typically 1/2" narrower than 275's so you sill might have to roll fender lips but most of this will depend on ride height. Stiff springs and single adjustable shocks will be a big help.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy View Post
What is it?

The TruTurn system is an upgraded steering system that includes the following:

Spindles – taller overall to improve the camber gain and a raised spindle pin to lower your car by 2" [ Click to see the difference ]
Steering Arms – designed to correct bumpsteer AND allow clearance for up to a 10" wide wheel with a 5.75" backspacing.
Draglink bracket – bolts onto your oem draglink to relocate the inner tierod end to minimize bumpsteer
Tie Rod Assemblies – integrates with your new steering arms and centerlink to provide a tru "no fab" bolt on steering system.

from ridetechs website

if they say 5.75 and you are at 6.1 then a 5/16" spacer will get you damn close that or a 3/8th spacer

3/8th spacer will net you a 5.725 backspacing position. if you get those 1/2 spacers then you would be at 5.6" backspacing
I was I thinking a 3/8" spacer but wasn't sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Come to think of it 6.1 will be OK but you will rub frame rail lock to lock. You will be limited on ride height and tire width though. You can get a 275 but you most likely will have to roll fender lips. 255's are typically 1/2" narrower than 275's so you sill might have to roll fender lips but most of this will depend on ride height. Stiff springs and single adjustable shocks will be a big help.
The only place that is suspect is that upper control arm. Not sure of the spring rate. Set up for sbc and single adjustables.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

BS is 6.75 if I remember correctly. Last time I saw the car it made lock to lock on the ground and fit the outer just fine. Nothing from pics can be deteremined in my mind. Cole - let's take a ride out there, mount the fenders/remove the springs get a 'real' measurement.

Last edited by Ron in SoCal; 11-23-2012 at 10:25 PM.