Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Shop & Equipment
User Name
Password

Old 12-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

You may have to add "helper bags" -- air them up - get in or out of the driveway - and then air em down.... I guess it just depends on how many times you're hauling stuff and how bad it drags.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
You may have to add "helper bags" -- air them up - get in or out of the driveway - and then air em down.... I guess it just depends on how many times you're hauling stuff and how bad it drags.
I thought about that too. One time I got it in without too much drag. The next time I was leaving and the tires were 1 ft off the ground....NOT GOOD. It's going to take some practice to figure out how to get it in there. I'll start adding the wheels and spend a little time working on the approach angles. My neighbors are going to realize I'm nuts....

I still like the idea to build a little tug on a square tube chassis with a hydraulic hitch. I can also put a little flat bed on it with a hoist for moving equipment to the back. Sounds like a fun little project where I can start to improve my welding before tackling a cage in my car or something of the like. It's probably cheaper to pick up a cheap used compact tractor but that doesn't sounds as fun
Old 12-17-2014, 10:31 AM

These are the Eaton compressors I was looking at. All look like beasts for the money. Only issue I see so far is delivery which is ~ $550 additional. Anyone have feedback on any models?

I was focusing more on the first 2 but I suppose the last one may work. The only drawback would be if I want to sand blast. It seems a pressure pot blaster runs at 25cfm @ 125psi. It would be rare to use it, but I do use the bead baster a lot. I don't know the CFM for the bead blaster.

http://www.eatoncompressor.com/catal...7/10086612.htm

http://www.eatoncompressor.com/catal...47/1710568.htm

http://www.eatoncompressor.com/catal...47/9380988.htm
Old 12-17-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerno View Post
I could add concrete but I like having a yard too. More than me, my mutt in the pic likes the yard since he's a crack head for fetch.
You can say that again! That dog wears me out when I come visit.