Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 01-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default C6 Weld-On Flange Ends

This style is NO LONGER stocked and is available by special order only. All previous pricing listed below is void.... Click this link www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=52443 to be taken to the current offering!

Hello!

I have recently designed a component for my personal use/car, and wanted to see if there is any interest from others for this product. At this point, and mainly due to time involved to perfect and small runs, I am basically selling at what it costs to make in hopes of getting some feed back/exposure.

[IMG][/IMG]

This design enables you to take full advantage of C5/6/7 Corvette technology on your existing or new rear housing. This kit will install onto nearly ALL rear-end housings! Some of the benefits of this system are:

• Full Floater type benefits - (eliminate Piston knock-back & Torsional axle load)
  • Utilizes ALL OEM & Aftermarket brake kits made for C5/6 Corvettes
  • Utilizes the OEM C5/6 Corvette E-Brake assembly
  • Utilizes the OEM C6/7 Corvette Bearing/Hub Assembly
  • Utilizes the OEM C5/6 Corvette Fasteners
  • ABS compatible
  • Optional "self installation" through the use of available/for loan fixturing (see below)

"The Basic Kit" I am offering is made up of (6) pieces total of which I have listed below. It will allow you to run the ever so popular, “over the counter” C6/7 Corvette Hubs, C5/6 E-Brake, Calipers & Rotors (including ALL aftermarket brake kits designed for C5/6). The cool thing is you can purchase these “over the counter” parts as you can afford as kind of a self-finance plan OR you can buy everything from me in what I call my "Complete Kit".

"The Basic Kit" - $900.00 Plus Shipping/PayPal

(2) Billet Steel weld on flanges
(2) Billet aluminum hub spacers
(2) Axle seals

Below Pic is "The Basic Kit"....
[IMG][/IMG]

"The Complete Kit" I am offering will come with all of the "Basic Kit" items listed above, but will also include items listed below in Green.

(2) C7 SKF 33 spline Hub/Bearing Packs (robust like the 2013 ZR1 hub)
(2) Complete Parking/Emergency Brake Assemblies.
(2) Parking/Emergency Brake Cable Brackets
(6) Hub to Upright Bolts
(4) Parking/Emergency Brake Cable Bracket Bolts
(4) Caliper Mounting Bolts
(4) Caliper Mounting Bolt Washers
(2) Axle Nuts

"The Complete Kit" - $1650.00 Plus Shipping/PayPal

Below pic is "The Complete Kit"....

[IMG][/IMG]

[/COLOR][/B]
Axles are the ONLY aftermarket part needed to run and can be purchased through me @Strange Engineering for $825 a pair for the Gun-drilled & at $575 a pair for the NON Gun-drilled. (yes, not cheap but both variants are machined from their Hy-Tuf material…) The hub side spline count will be 33 to accommodate the C6/7 Hub , and the carrier end can be 30/31/33/35.

*The (2) weld on Steel Flange Ends included in the kit will need to be fixture welded to your housings axle tubes. I can do this for you (for a fee), OR I can loan (with $450 fully refundable deposit), the correct alignment/fixturing bushings (to include 3rd Member pucks & C6 Flange alignment blocks) and you will only need to use your 3rd member case & purchase a 1-1/2” diameter by 60” long alignment bar through Mittler Brothers unless maybe you know of a local source that already has a 1-1/2" alignment bar,,,,,, but it needs to be straight! The bar through Mittler Brothers is $130 plus shipping. http://www.mittlerbros.com/turned-gr...dia-shaft.html (or as I have been informed, SUMMIT RACING has these bars by Mittler Brothers that they ship for FREE!)

Here are a few pics of the fixture pieces I will loan you. (These are also for sale if you wish to purchase at $425.00 which includes shipping/PayPal)

[IMG][/IMG]

Machined flat spot to help assist with "Caliper Clocking" when weling on the Flange End

[IMG][/IMG]

Please feel free to ask questions and I will do the best I can in answering.

Pic with C7 Hub (Hub NOT included in "Basic Kit")
[IMG][/IMG]

Pic with C7 Hub (Hub NOT included in "Basic Kit")
[IMG][/IMG]

Pic with C7 Hub & C6 ZO6 Caliper (Hub not included in "Basic Kit" & Caliper NOT included in either "Basic or Complete")
[IMG][/IMG]

Pic with C7 Hub & C6 ZO6 Caliper (Hub not included in "Basic Kit" & Caliper NOT included in either "Basic or Complete")
[IMG][/IMG]

Please note alignment dowels. A feature to eliminate any chance of shifting between weld on flange and spacer under extreme situations. Overkill? Maybe
[IMG][/IMG]

Not a huge deal, but want it known that this setup will utilize OEM Hub fasteners.
[IMG][/IMG]

Again, just a pic to show the OEM caliper bolts...
[IMG][/IMG]

More random pics of set-up...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Please do not hesitate to ask questions. Thanks for considering!

Last edited by MillerBuilt; 03-09-2016 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Added pics/wording
Old 01-11-2015, 05:33 PM

So 800$ plus rental....and this will take my 12 bolt to a full floater with ZR1 brakes
Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 PM

Jay - love it! Shocker I know.

The built in caiiper mount is a home run compared to prior designs and I'm sure will improve braking performance. If I may suggest, package a complete solution and you've got a winner.

Ryan I've not seen the whole package but I'm guessing you'd need axles, inner and / or outer seals and some mechanism to locate the axle (plate or nuts and bolts - simple).

Old 01-11-2015, 08:21 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
So 800$ plus rental....and this will take my 12 bolt to a full floater with ZR1 brakes

$800 plus shipping/PayPal (guessing $45ish)... I will loan you the inner 3.062" pucks for your 12 bolt rear AND the outer fixturing pucks for the C6 ends for FREE. You will only be required to leave a $450 refundable deposit of which will be returned via PayPal once returned and in good condition. You will also be responsible for the shipping to/from on these loaned fixturing pieces. Yes, your ZR1 brakes will be a direct bolt on at that point.

Thanks for the interest!

Last edited by MillerBuilt; 01-24-2015 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Increased refundable deposit from $300 to $450 due to cost of kit replacement costs
Old 01-11-2015, 08:24 PM

It's about time Jay.

These will take the parking brake assemblies too.

How much would you sell the end alignment slugs for? I have the Mitler set up already. Do they bolt to the 3 hole flange or are they the standard slug/puck design?

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 01-11-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
Jay - love it! Shocker I know.

The built in caiiper mount is a home run compared to prior designs and I'm sure will improve braking performance. If I may suggest, package a complete solution and you've got a winner.

Ryan I've not seen the whole package but I'm guessing you'd need axles, inner and / or outer seals and some mechanism to locate the axle (plate or nuts and bolts - simple).
Thanks Ron! You have always supported and even eased the moments sometimes with your positive attitude/comments when I most definitely deserved a good

I love your suggestion (complete package) and am working on that too. I have a ton of ideas and will be sharing those soon too.

Last edited by MillerBuilt; 02-28-2015 at 06:43 PM. Reason: wording
Old 01-11-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post
It's about time Jay.

These will take the parking brake assemblies too.

How much would you sell the end alignment slugs for? I have the Mitler set up already. Do they bolt to the 3 hole flange or are they the standard slug/puck design?
Hi Vince,

Yes, they do take the C5/6 parking brake assemblies. Actually if you choose not to run the e-brake/backing plate for whatever the reason, you would need to run a shim to account for the thickness of the backing plate to get proper caliper/rotor alignment. But I am assuming anyone interested in this setup would utilize the e-brake. Good question though.

The "C6 End" fixture pieces do bolt to the three holes in the weld on flange end and positively locate it . Give me a few days on pricing for you on these as I only had one set made, and depending on interest may run multiples which brings my price down with my machinist and ultimately to the end purchaser. Hopefully you!

I will let you know soon...
Old 01-11-2015, 09:49 PM

I will be all over this when late summer/ early fall arrives. Exactly what I've been looking for.
Jay, what material will you be cutting the production bracketry from?
Also, are the axles an "in stock" item at Strange, or will they be built per order, with a wait time?
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 01-12-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
I will be all over this when late summer/ early fall arrives. Exactly what I've been looking for.
Jay, what material will you be cutting the production bracketry from?
Also, are the axles an "in stock" item at Strange, or will they be built per order, with a wait time?
Scott,

Steel Flanges are and will remain 1018, and the Aluminum Spacers from 6061. To not confuse anyone I would like to say I am just a guy in a garage with ideas/resources to make my ideas come to life. So I kinda laugh when I here the word production cuz that sounds Big . I am sharing this part (and others soon) for three reasons. One - to help offset the cost of my own set. Two - hopefully offer others with same interest another option. Three - possibly strike enough interest to actually make some

The axles are made per order and are not in stock.

Thanks, Jay
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 AM

Very nice Jay, glad to see you still have the crestive juices flowing!!

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]