Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-31-2022, 04:14 PM

So in the end all four wheels had the weights removed and re-balanced. Had a different place do it who really took the time and care to do a good job, not to mention they didn't charge me (they got donuts). Three of the four wheels had issues, like having excessive weights placed 180 degrees from one another. Had the rears done last week, which took care of the shutter after 70mph. Did the fronts a couple of days ago and that seems to have taken care of the come and go shutter at 57mph.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vet57air For This Useful Post:
Ketzer (09-01-2022), Roscoe03 (09-13-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vet57air View Post
So in the end all four wheels had the weights removed and re-balanced. Had a different place do it who really took the time and care to do a good job, not to mention they didn't charge me (they got donuts). Three of the four wheels had issues, like having excessive weights placed 180 degrees from one another. Had the rears done last week, which took care of the shutter after 70mph. Did the fronts a couple of days ago and that seems to have taken care of the come and go shutter at 57mph.
Yep.... Good choice on choosing a different shop to validate your concern. Glad it helped.
Old 09-07-2022, 10:06 PM

I can't say specifically on problems w/ Pirelli's, but I had problems w/ Michelin and Continental's in their high-end summer tires. Weird wear patterns, dry rot, separation, you name it. Multiple sets of tires from both companies. I refuse to buy European tires after all this. It's USA or Japan only for tires from now on for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to DualQuadDave For This Useful Post:
camcojb (09-07-2022)
Old 09-08-2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualQuadDave View Post
I can't say specifically on problems w/ Pirelli's, but I had problems w/ Michelin and Continental's in their high-end summer tires. Weird wear patterns, dry rot, separation, you name it. Multiple sets of tires from both companies. I refuse to buy European tires after all this. It's USA or Japan only for tires from now on for me.
Which brands would you buy?