Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 07-19-2022, 08:57 AM

Default Cam position sensor wiring help.

I'm getting P0016 error which is related to cam position.

I tried a different cam pos sensor, no change. Checking wiring at the Cam position sensor itself. I found this diagram for wiring to it.

But when I check voltage at the connector (key on, not running) that goes into the cam position sensor, I get this:

I tried different ECMs, one production '09 CTS-V E67 & the other GMPP E67, with same results.

The 14mV thew me off, .014 volts? And why dont I see +12v on it?
Old 07-19-2022, 09:48 AM

Deleted comment

Last edited by samckitt; 07-19-2022 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:12 PM

i believe your engine is timed wrong. if it was a cam sensor circuit issue you'd have a p0340, p0341.
according to the flow charts, your voltages are right, your b terminal mv is a lil weird, but i wouldnt worry about it too much. its weird the pin out says its supposed to be 12v, but the wiring diagram shows it 5v. also the flow chart says 5v too

p0340 -

1-Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the B23 camshaft position sensor.

2-Ignition OFF and all vehicle systems OFF. It may take 2 minutes for all vehicle systems to power down, test for less than 5 Ω on the low reference circuit, terminal B, and ground.

If greater than the specified value, test the low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.

3-Ignition ON, test for 4.8–5.2 V between the 5 V reference circuit terminal A and ground.

If less than the specified range, test the 5 V reference circuit for an open/high resistance or short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
If greater than the specified range, test the 5 V reference circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.

4-Ignition ON, test for 4.8–5.2 V between the signal circuit terminal C and ground.

If less than the specified range, test the signal circuit for an open/high resistance or short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
If greater than the specified range, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.

5-Ignition OFF, connect a 3A fused jumper wire to the signal circuit terminal C.
Ignition ON, momentarily touch the other end of the 3 A fused jumper wire to the battery negative post. The scan tool CMP Active counter should increment.

If the parameter does not increment, replace the K20 ECM.

If all circuits test normal, test or replace the B23 camshaft position sensor
The Following User Says Thank You to carkrazy1987 For This Useful Post:
camcojb (07-19-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 06:25 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Question Interesting....

Looking at your two different diagrams they are pinned differently. One has the brown/white wire on the left side with the connector clip on the top and the other has the brown/white wire on the right with the connector clip on the top.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepertime View Post
Looking at your two different diagrams they are pinned differently. One has the brown/white wire on the left side with the connector clip on the top and the other has the brown/white wire on the right with the connector clip on the top.
I believe the top picture is for a 24x system. Didnt know that when I posted it. the bottom picture is what is on mine, 58x.