Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 02-09-2007, 02:04 PM

Default 1951 Woody Pt Wagon

My latest project is a 1951 Woodie wagon. The build has actually been started for several months. I will update pics after I sort them out.

Custom frame with Camaro style clip with DSE parts and a custom truck arm style rear suspension.

Drivetrain is 2003 Cobra blower motor, Cobra t56 6spd, and a Winters quick change.

295/45/20 rears and 275/18 fronts with Vette brake system. Probably Budnik Gassers with custom finish.

The idea is to build a updated Woodie wagon. There will be tons of old Hot Rod style parts but all the finishes will be modern.

The body has few mods as I do not like all out customs. Roof has taller windshield and top is pancaked. Front and rear bars are stretched Camaro pieces. Front grille area is still up for debate. The body will be an off shade of dark gray/black and the wood trim will be a black toned wood. The inserts will be carbon fiber sheet. Lets hope CF prices come back down.

Let me know what you think??? Not a million dollar build but just some carefully chosen parts to create a cool looking ride.
Attached Images

Last edited by BRIAN; 02-09-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:20 PM

Sorry I am not sure why I am having problem posting rendering pic. I resized it again and hope it shows??? The above pic is the starting point. Almost rust free, to think I paid to have it shipped from Ca.
Attached Images

Last edited by BRIAN; 02-09-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:04 PM

Great project. Cool rendering. I love those old woodies!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:27 AM

Looking good brian, any updates?

On a side note , the motor goes in first week of march.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:44 PM

BRIAN,

I like the rendering. . .and I LOVE the idea!!!

I LOVE the old woodies and I would love to do one myself as the family cruiser. . .a Pro-Touring style Woodie would be an awesome family-mobile for me out here in SoCal. . .I just can't do the mini-van thing, the station-wagon thing, and I'm not huge on the SUV thing anymore. . .a hot-rod that I can get groceries in, go to the beach in, take the dogs out in. . .now THAT I could do. . .you've got me thinking. . .too bad the wifey wouldn't have any part of it.

I had thought of an off-road 4x4 baja-styled Woodie before (Jesse James did it on Monster Garage and I thought it was pretty cool) but I'm thinking a Pro-Touring Woodie would be even better!

Keep us up to date. . .I would love to see how this thing takes shape!!!

Good Luck!

'97 Chevy Camaro 3.8/M5 coupe
'02 Yamaha R1
'01 Aprilia RS50
'00 Yamaha R6