User Name
Password

Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 PM

Tease.....

HB.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Poor Bass turd puts himself out there and we just dump on him.

Come to think about it.... GOOD FOR US!!

Old 02-26-2013, 11:33 PM

I was hoping for way more... (tomatoes flying)

One thing I want abundantly clear is that I'm not trying to push my beliefs on you. Much like building a custom car or picking a mate, the shoe does need to fit. What makes me feel good and get results may not be as beneficial to you. I will reiterate that nutrition is EVERYTHING. That means that you need to take the initiative to educate yourself, test your blood, and experiment with what makes your boat float. The basics of nutrition are the basics, however. Find what makes your body respond. Now, I'm certainly not telling you to live like a Nun either. While I am very disciplined when my sights are set on a target, you have to stretch it once in a while. A nice dinner on Friday night and a few beers isn't going to derail you. When you do it 5 times week, well....

Now, good health has to very crucial factors, physical and mental. Without the other, it doesn't seem to matter in the long term. You can look great and feel horrible if your mind is in the gutter. Being fit and looking good certainly does help your psyche but it's not the magic potion. Personal development is the key to mental health.

I've said it a million times... "Learn to work harder on yourself than you do on your job" - Jim Rohn I'll be honest, it took me a while to figure this one out. It made sense but I didn't fully comprehend the philosophy until I spent time living it. Getting super fit physically, changing my nutrition, tested by competent medical staff, changing my financial direction, changing the plane of my business, becoming a better leader, a better spouse, a better friend, volunteering through benovelence, and improving my attitude.

You see, every discipline effects the rest. Your conficence inspires confidence in everyone around you. When you are confident, you share and contribute to other peoples lives. You are the biggest beneficiary at the end of the day.

One of the major keys is to seek out new knowledge and philosophy every day of your life through education. Try new things, make new friends that make you stretch and grow.

One of the things I finally realized is as you age, you naturally absorb experiences that turn into baggage. You become more coherent in your own life. The day you realize you aren't living the best life you can, you are letting down at work, on your family, on your kids, it's like an infection, it eats you from the inside out. You can change it through personal development.

"If you change, everything will change for you." -Jim Rohn

You have to find the passion and desire to change. What fuels your fire? For me, it's seeing how far I can go in this life. It surely didn't start out that philisophical.

My tendency is to go off the deep end. I find a desire and goal and go 110% until I achieve it. What I've learned is to pull on my own reigns. That means finding more balance between all the variables in life. While I'm in great shape, I spend 2 hours a week running or in the gym. Sure they are a very productives hours. The self education on nutrition is what keeps me where I want to be. I have a team built at work that allows me the freedom to pursue my interests without dropping the ball at the office. I can service my clients at the highest level ever, while taking most weekends off to volunteer for Big Brother/Big Sisters, hang out with Kelli, Hunt, Fish, Golf, whatever. I'm off at 5:30 every night and rarely put in over 40 hours.

My point, life is custom and what you make of it. You have to pave your own way through education and experience. We are doing one of two things in life. progressing or regressing. Make sure you aren't getting rickets of the mind.

"All life asks of us is to make measurable progress in reasonable time" -Jim Rohn

Old 02-26-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Poor Bass turd puts himself out there and we just dump on him.

Come to think about it.... GOOD FOR US!!

I was just checking to see if you were reading...
Old 02-27-2013, 08:50 AM

Well said Todd. Most of us on here are "type A"... and or have addictive personalities. Ordinary people just put wheels on a car and upgrade to a four barrel. "We" go overboard and put in whatever it takes and then some. BALANCE is important.

Great thread.

Gwen just finished Wheat Belly - she's jumping my arse to start the new plan with her.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:39 PM

happy b-day fatty!

1970 1/2 rs z28...pro-touring?...i wish...soon?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Well said Todd. Most of us on here are "type A"... and or have addictive personalities. Ordinary people just put wheels on a car and upgrade to a four barrel. "We" go overboard and put in whatever it takes and then some. BALANCE is important.

Great thread.

Gwen just finished Wheat Belly - she's jumping my arse to start the new plan with her.
I seem to hear more and more about Monsanto and GMO all the time. Just a bad deal all around. I eat a good amount of whole wheat. It's better than white bread which is whole wheat bleached of all it's nutrients. You have to be careful with whole wheat as well. If the ingredients don't start with Whole Wheat Flour, it's less than whole wheat bread. I can see how elimnating bread would help some people lose weight. Real whole wheat bread is low on the glycemic index so I'm not seeing the diabetic relationship.

Everything in moderation....
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatinjay27 View Post
happy b-day fatty!
Thank you sir, what have you been up to?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:44 AM

Cold season update. I have 2 kids, one in preschool, one in K, and the wife day cares for another... so our house is germ central. My kids USED to have chronic ear infections with EVERY cold... this season they have weathered 2 colds with NO ear infections. WHY? I took them off of store bought milk and limited dairy. Its the #1 allergy to kids that causes ear infections. I also took myself off most dairy except Raw Milk. I have had NO ear infections. This season will be the true test as I suffer from seasonal allergies, so we will see if the non-dairy diet helps that. I also eat local honey which is said to help too. Related side note: A Zinc dosage with breakfast helps ward off colds and flu. I survived 3 snotty kids for 2 weeks w/o a cold. Woot!

Quote:
Good for her! People need to wake up to the "Whole Grain" myth that they are good for you.. not anymore! Wheat is a GMO plant now. It becomes and opiate in the body... No one should eat wheat anymore.. avoid as much of it as you can.

A healthy diet is so simple... Go organic, go primal. Avoid processed anything, and remember that natural saturated fat IS good for you. and Farmers markets are your friend.

If anyone is on facebook, like: thehealthyhomeeconomist
Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 PM

Here's the way to keep in shape... have some fun.... burn some calories...

Go snowshoeing in the Sawtooth mountains! If you look you can see the road... we continued to go higher from here. Remember too that you start out at about 7300' of altitude and then start climbing. I'm old at 60... but I keep in shape!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:33 PM

Way to go, man! Staying active is crucial to a healthy body and mind. They say that the average man dies within 5 years of retirement. They work and in many cases, waste their whole lives looking forward to the day they can retire and live the "good life". When that day comes, they either don't have the money or the interests to keep themself busy and bore themself into depression and ultimately.....

Here's my favorite photo from my deer hunt last year. I made those mountains my bitch.

I had one of the best work outs of my life tonight after a very good day. Felt really strong and recovered super fast.

Last edited by Vegas69; 03-05-2013 at 10:36 PM.