User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 01:25 PM

Default Factory 5 Cobra

Item Location (City/State):Sacramento, CA

Price: SOLD

Description:
Selling or trading our FFR Cobra we built in 2010. The car has always been a blast to cruise and dead reliable. Runs cool in any weather , in any traffic. Handles, stops, and moves like a Cobra should. I built the car for my dad when he retired and he's ready to move onto something with a roof and a heater. The car has 2700 or so miles on it. The car has the California SB100 cert and a complete build book with photos.

Mark 3 chassis with the Koni shock upgrade. One of only a few made with the upgrade to the 2003/4 Cobra IRS and pin drive axle assembly. Factory narrowed control arms and custom 31/31 spline chromoly axles. 3.55 gear with refreshed Cobra diff. and braces. 13/11 inch Cobra brakes and 4 piston calipers from late model Racecraft. Flaming River manual rack. Vintage Wheel Works 17x8 and 17x11 rears with Nitto 555 and 555Rs (245/45 and 315/35 rear) tires. Pin drive offset allows for an extremely deep rear wheel as pictured. This definitely adds to the cost of the build but it's well worth the investment in our opinion. The car rides extremely softly but turns like it's on rails.

Engine is a 1971 Pantera 351C Boss block with 4 bolt mains. Heads are also Boss with ARP screw in studs, head bolts, main studs etc. Rotating assembly is the factory steel crank, ARP bolts in Boss rods and forged 10:1 slugs. Cam is a Comp 306s solid with matching valvetrain components. Intake is a rare Strip Dominator with an HP 750 built by myself. Pump and reg are both Holley. All lines are Holley stainless and AN. Water pump is a Weiand and the serpentine drive is custom by myself. Headers are custom as well up to the side pipes are both are Jet Hot coated satin black. All ignition is MSD 6AL pro billet, and coil. It makes about 450 legit hp and sounds like a Cobra should- grumpy.

Trans is a Tremec TKO500 and the clutch is a King Cobra unit from FMPP. Shifter is custom by myself to move the shift arc up to the appropriate reach and better shifting.

Paint and body were done at Ken's Auto Body in Yuba City. Ken is THE premier FFR paint outfit in Northern CA and is very well respected for these cars. This car has every option he offers and is finished in Ultra Black with satin black stripes. The paint is in excellent shape but for a small area on the stripes on the rear where a car cover has left a mark and some small chips on the nose from normal wear. The frame, suspension parts, roll bar, quick jacks, and small parts are powder coated black. An Optima sits in a billet box in the trunk. Gauges are Auto Meter Comp units and all work. Turn signals are in place, but were never wired. An FFR spec Ron Francis wiring harness was used. Seats are the leather, upgraded versions as well as the upgraded steering wheel. The carpet in the cabin is weak. It's in good order, but I always felt weak for the caliber of this build. Newer kits are available.

The car is fast and sounds great. It's been lovingly cared for and sits under a cover in our shop. It's turn key ready for someone to enjoy and will make a nice addition for someone looking for a fun experience is a little rocket. On a warm summer night, there isn't much better. We're looking to put the old man into a C7 or something he can cruise in that's interesting, clean, and fun. Thanks guys. This forum is the best.

$47,500

[IMG][/IMG]

Smithcraft Collision and Restoration
Newcastle , CA

Last edited by NOPANTS68; 07-05-2019 at 09:34 AM. Reason: sold
Old 06-26-2019, 01:37 PM

sold

Smithcraft Collision and Restoration
Newcastle , CA

Last edited by NOPANTS68; 07-05-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Closed Thread