Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Race Cars and Modern Pro-Street
User Name
Password

Old 10-19-2012, 05:22 PM

Default 1966 Chevelle (K..OTIK CRUZER)

Hey everyone, I originally had my project going on over at pro touring's website and I find that the guys over there just don't really give the feed back and opinions to a modern pro street/ touring car. And I cant seem to find a "pre street forum" other than this one on here. So i'm hoping that if I post my ride and the updates on it, you guys can give some feed back and also post up your rides if theyre similar.

So here it goes, this car has been in our family for over 6 years. When we got it, it had a small block in it and a 4 speed, and I'm sure it was originally a bench seat converted to buckets. Its your average hack job with ****ty wiring to sunpro guages.

It started getting tore down about 2 years ago, we put a new 9" baer's backhalf unit in from our old drag car. Put a big block with a 6 speed behind it as well as air ride on all corners to make it lay right on the ground. And we put in Wilwood disc brakes on all corners as well.

For the motor, we put in a GMPP crate motor with a big Be Cool radiator and dual fans. And a serpentine belt system. I've been debating what I want to do about wanting more power...

All the tub and tin work was done locally in town, i thought it turned out alright, but could be better. I don't let it get to me because I know its not for just show, more go.

I moved my air ride controller from below the dash to where the stereo used to be, I am going to change out those switches for my fan over ride and fuel pump to look more like radio knobs.

Last edited by INHEAVEN; 10-19-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:41 PM

I changed out my seats to the new TMI Sport Buckets. And they look great, but now I find that I sit too close to the steering wheel and too high. So I need to modify my slider brackets.

You can see my new steering wheel in there from Budnik as well.

Here is my car when I finally got it rolling at the beginning of august. Your typical pro streeter.

And here it is slammed.

But that wasn't good enough, so I ordered the new Billet Specialties Street Lite's with the beadlocks on the rear. And to change it up I put 17x8's on the front.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:30 PM

Nice stance. It's cool seeing a pro street build.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:38 AM

Thanks, my rotors and calipers are at the machine shop right now getting a little work done to them. The calipers are hitting the inside of the wheels and I cant just change one thing, I would have to change everything like the park brake kit, rotors and calipers and brackets.

I also just purchased a 4 speed Lenco trans, and am pulling out the richmond 6 speed. It is getting sent to Calgary to have it set up and also get another case added to it to make it a 5 speed and also build some custom levers. I think that a lenco is the ultimate touch to a pro street car.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:49 AM

Very cool '66. Where in alberta are you located? I'm just over the border in Fernie BC.

If you're looking for more power I may have a solution for you. Long story but I have a very low mileage Lewis Racing Engines 540 that I have to sell that makes 800HP and could take a big shot on top of that. Complete with holley HP efi and billet specialties serpentine system.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:39 PM

really? That could be alot of fun. I visit fernie on a regular basis in the winter. I am always sledding there. PM me the specs on the 540 and the price. And I'm located in Medicine Hat.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:58 PM

Very Nice.Those rear tire's are massive.My buddy is really into prostreet car's.I am going send him this link.He'll go nut's.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:17 PM

Nice car! 66 Chevelle is one of my all time favorites.

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn
Old 10-23-2012, 01:30 PM

My lenco is in calgary getting set up and also getting custom shifter levers for it. I will be pulling the 6 speed out this weekend if I get some free time and by mid next week I should have the lenco in my garage for mock up.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:32 PM

Very cool!