Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 02-10-2007, 09:29 AM

Not much to update here. I decided to go ahead and mold and cast the LSx for resale. Hopefully that will help raise some funds for this thing. With the spring semester in full swing, and taking 6 classes to graduate, Time is slim. I need to rebuild the LS7 oil pan, and am seriously considering re-working the heads, since I am planning on selling this beast. This time around there will more than likely be separate head and valve cover, probably something like the valve covers Steve used on penny.Hopefully I'll have some time to work on this thing over spring break, I have the week off and don't plan on going anywhere

Artwork Page
Old 02-15-2007, 10:20 PM

back from the dead. Talking to Danny there I got the urge to get some work done on this guy, that way I'd have something to show at the Showdown in March. I've got the oil pan roughed out...correctly this time. I found some nice reference shots. It now has the indention for the oil filter, which will accomodate the filter from the '69 kit. All that is left is to finish the kickout for the filter (modifications will be needed on the block upon arrival for any buyers), build the bottom of the pan, and construct the black for the feed and return lines for the oil system. I am unsure about the bolts as of yet, Not sure If I want to leave that up to customers to add or not. Pics are in the gallery

Artwork Page
Old 06-01-2007, 06:34 PM

I am dying to see your model finished, I am impressed!

I have the same model,I took the lights and wheels/tires from an ebay rc car. I used acetate to make the glass a little thinner and sprayed base coat and clearcoat, wet sanded with 12000 paper

If you ever make a set of torq thrust style rims in this scale I would be your first customer.
Attached Images

Last edited by vanzuuk1; 06-01-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:29 AM

Awww man! Vanzuuk, I hadn't seen your Camaro (over on P-T) since you added those wheels on it. Looks VERY good! If ya ever wanna put together one for me, I won't mind. Either of you for that matter.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:42 AM

Thanks. Do you mean the wheels on the full size car or the model?

They take a ridiculous amount of time so I dont build them for other people any more. The easiest way to end up with a model of your car is to get a 1/18th diecast from gmp and modify it. The plastic kits are a lot of work to finish nicely, the diecasts are more beginner friendly.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:53 PM

I actually hadn't seen EITHER with the different wheels on it. Or at least I didn't recognize the models wheels. It's been awhile since I saw the model though too. I also, Coincidentally saw your car on a wheel website this morning too. Hahaha, odd. They both look outstanding though.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:27 PM

Finally some work on this beast. I'm getting back into the swing of modeling. Now that school is over. I have got the head just about how I want it. The back side is gonna be revell style. No detail, just flat, when the intake is all mated up you wont really be able to tell once it is detailed out. I need to find all of my tools and drill bits and drill out the holes for the spark plugs. I filled the gap between the head bolt holes with Tamiya 2 part epoxy putty. Then pressed in the RB Motion spark plugs. Let it cure then cleaned it up. As far as the heads go, the spark plug holes need drilled, and the putty work needs cleaned up and they are done. Make the valve covers, and the bulk of the engine is complete. I've sourced a junk coil, all I have to do is get with the guy to pick it up. Make the coils, finish off the oil pan, and the miscellaneous sensors and it will be complete. I'll be sending it to a friend over seas to have the intake made. If there is anyone here capable of small scale machining, please contact me, I've got some projects I'd like to see about farming out.

Artwork Page
Old 06-04-2007, 11:29 PM

I'll try and get some 360 shots of the heads, and some good detail shots of the spark plugs tomorrow

Artwork Page
Old 06-20-2007, 07:45 AM

Default that's a badass '69

that looks sweet!!!!can't wait to see the end result of the wheels and when you put them on the car. i have to get one of these kits for myself.
this is what i started working on last night.

keep us posted on your project!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:05 PM

Lets get some paint on this thing already lol good work keep it up lol
Attached Images