...

Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Engine
User Name
Password



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-08-2021, 05:05 PM
7TSS's Avatar
7TSS 7TSS is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean
Posts: 294
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffav8 View Post
I was going to wait to buy an LS7 for my next build, but.... with this happening I decided to pull the trigger now. Figure it can sit in the corner for a bit till itís needed.

Looks like the LS7 will be replaced with this wet sump version that makes more HP & Torque.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...s/ls/ls427-570
__________________
Goodwin
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7TSS For This Useful Post:
130fe (05-10-2021), dhutton (05-08-2021), will69camaro (05-08-2021)
  #22  
Old 05-08-2021, 09:10 PM
Spiffav8's Avatar
Spiffav8 Spiffav8 is offline
Lateral-g Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 4,682
Thanks: 511
Thanked 373 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7TSS View Post
Looks like the LS7 will be replaced with this wet sump version that makes more HP & Torque.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...s/ls/ls427-570
I'm under the impression that's what was used in the newer Z28 Camaro.
__________________
Curtis
Pilots: We're not better than you, just way cooler.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-08-2021, 11:39 PM
JKnight JKnight is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 722
Thanks: 10
Thanked 34 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Honest question here guys...for a street car with an owner that prioritizes torque but may not want the added packaging complication of an LSA, is that thing worth the $4,500 upgrade over the Ls3? Iím struggling with that decision...
__________________
Jeff: Project "Rolling Mockup" 69 Camaro SS, AFX, TKO600, Baer GT, etc
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-09-2021, 06:53 AM
srode1 srode1 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 83
Thanks: 44
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffav8 View Post
I'm sure you spotted the rebate but..... $250 is $250.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...percharged-lt5
I saw that, nice rebate for a T56 after buying the LT5 crate but right now, unless I can get a GM Performance Dealer interested in price matching, I can get T56 more than $250 lower from other vendors. I was going to get the cruise and connect to get the rebate but same thing, I can do better and pick the parts I want from other vendors.

I don't think there's any rebate for just buying the LT5 is there?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to srode1 For This Useful Post:
Spiffav8 (05-09-2021)
  #25  
Old 05-09-2021, 04:28 PM
Spiffav8's Avatar
Spiffav8 Spiffav8 is offline
Lateral-g Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 4,682
Thanks: 511
Thanked 373 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srode1 View Post
I saw that, nice rebate for a T56 after buying the LT5 crate but right now, unless I can get a GM Performance Dealer interested in price matching, I can get T56 more than $250 lower from other vendors. I was going to get the cruise and connect to get the rebate but same thing, I can do better and pick the parts I want from other vendors.

I don't think there's any rebate for just buying the LT5 is there?
I had to go back and look. Appears I was looking at the connect and cruise, missing that detail. Sorry about that. But... I agree on sourcing exactly what you want from other vendors.
__________________
Curtis
Pilots: We're not better than you, just way cooler.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-09-2021, 04:33 PM
Spiffav8's Avatar
Spiffav8 Spiffav8 is offline
Lateral-g Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 4,682
Thanks: 511
Thanked 373 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKnight View Post
Honest question here guys...for a street car with an owner that prioritizes torque but may not want the added packaging complication of an LSA, is that thing worth the $4,500 upgrade over the Ls3? I’m struggling with that decision...
It's always a balance. There's a lot you can do to an LS3 to gain a bit more Tq. Talk to and engine builder or tuner and see what their thoughts are. Mike Norris Motorsports is who I'd suggest. They do a lot of upgrades and tuning. Mikes a good guy and has been at this a long time.
__________________
Curtis
Pilots: We're not better than you, just way cooler.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-09-2021, 11:43 PM
JKnight JKnight is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 722
Thanks: 10
Thanked 34 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffav8 View Post
It's always a balance. There's a lot you can do to an LS3 to gain a bit more Tq. Talk to and engine builder or tuner and see what their thoughts are. Mike Norris Motorsports is who I'd suggest. They do a lot of upgrades and tuning. Mikes a good guy and has been at this a long time.
Thatís a good call. Sorry for the hijack...that was a bad one

Connect and cruise never seems like the value play, always the convenience play for dummies like me.
__________________
Jeff: Project "Rolling Mockup" 69 Camaro SS, AFX, TKO600, Baer GT, etc
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-11-2021, 11:14 AM
Spiffav8's Avatar
Spiffav8 Spiffav8 is offline
Lateral-g Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 4,682
Thanks: 511
Thanked 373 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKnight View Post
Thatís a good call. Sorry for the hijack...that was a bad one

Connect and cruise never seems like the value play, always the convenience play for dummies like me.
Itís all good. Be watching to see what you end up doing.

__________________
Curtis
Pilots: We're not better than you, just way cooler.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-27-2021, 09:21 AM
Boris632 Boris632 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 27
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Just saw this myself.

Now I have to change plans as I see Summit has 6 of them and Jegs has 1.

Is the LT5 worth the few grand over the LT4?
Or should I go with the LT4 and upgraded it down the road?


This is going into a 55 chevy with a T56 in case anyone was wondering
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-27-2021, 09:37 AM
will69camaro will69camaro is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,410
Thanks: 209
Thanked 122 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris632 View Post
Just saw this myself.

Now I have to change plans as I see Summit has 6 of them and Jegs has 1.

Is the LT5 worth the few grand over the LT4?
Or should I go with the LT4 and upgraded it down the road?


This is going into a 55 chevy with a T56 in case anyone was wondering
Me personally i'd say it's worth it over a LT4. Blower alone makes that difference to me.
__________________
Texas A&M BSME 2008
1969 Camaro - Hugger Orange
1969 C10 SWB - Hugger Orange
2018 GMC Denali HD
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to will69camaro For This Useful Post:
Boris632 (05-27-2021), Che70velle (05-27-2021)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Lateral-g.net