Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-28-2007, 10:10 AM

SteveMcQ - no problem, I understand where you're coming from and I asked myself those same questions - and still do every time I walk past it. The bender is a Pro-Tools MP-200. It's $500 plus whatever die you select - and they have a truckload of different sizes all made in the USA. I looked at the sponsor list here and didn't see anyone representing this type of product - maybe I'll give them a call.

Jeff, I really like the 120 version too. The only reason I didn't buy it was it requires a stationary mount to the floor. The 200 is a tabletop version that doesn't require any mounting. It's heavy enough that it sets on the floor and with 3 feet of tube in it didn't move or wobble at all. The 120 would be a great purchased too - and more accurate with a greater bending range. Either unit will be a great purchase for you I'm sure.

http://www.pro-tools.com/200.htm
Old 04-29-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Cobbler's kids never have any shoes......

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the feedback on the bender -- sounds like the one you have will have a twin in my shop soon. The feedback on the bend radius is what I was looking for. You also answered my question on whether or not the 200 had to be mounted to a table, floor, etc.

I'll need one to bend some 1.5/.080 wall tube for some parts of the frame and some 1.75/.120 for a roll bar/cage/etc.

So you saw my feeble attempt at a website? I got a start at it, but haven't finished it off. I spend 8-11 hours in front of a computer for work, and after that I have stuff around the house to get done or work to do on the cars. At the end of the day the last thing I want to do is get back in front of a computer

I should get it completed.............I have several pages teed up to document the Fiero build, should just start putting the TVR stuff up there as I get it done.

Misc pics are at http://orphancars.com/pictures

-jeff d
Old 08-07-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Wow, 4 months ....

Life just gets in the way. Finished adding a new fleet of aircraft to our airline, and then they went out and bought 2 more airlines to merge into ours.... who knows what a mess that will be.

Painted the house, stained 3 decks, spent a week at my sisters helping get her house ready to sell so she can move back to IND, and put in a raised bed garden to keep the misses happy at the home front - 24 posts, 10 tons of pea gravel, many truckloads of mulch and I still have the fence to finish over the next couple weeks.... ugh.

But all is not lost, I have been ordering all the parts and tools for the car !!

Mostly NOS Porsche stuff - headlight assy, turn signals, license light, backup lights, lenses, grills, switches, etc. Switching the 65 vented side window surrounds to non-vented 63 style to get rid of the ugly wing vents. Think I'll use the Harley Classic 7 in headlights that I saw in the orange 55 chevy in Columbus - and LED bulbs in all the turn signal and markers from AAW.

Tube and Bar stock benders, bead roller, planishing hammer, E-wheel, body hammers, slappers, dollies, strecher/shrinker, hand shear, combo shear/brake/roller, etc. DOM Tubing is here, backbone U's and some assorted brackets and suspension adjusters. Brake rotors for the stock vette setup.

Got the C5 vette frame up on Ebay right now. Do me a favor and buy it !!

I've started to plan the tube chassis locations in the car and began removing stuff off the bottom that's in the way - like the Jack Spurs, body braces, etc.

It's nice to get outta the office and back to the garage !

Jim
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2007, 12:22 AM

Lookin' good Jim!!!

John
Old 08-08-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Amazing Ride

I have always wanted a 356 porsche in fact it was one of the first cars I photshopped(See Pic)
That is going to be one amazing ride and with the C5 goodies WOW!!

Wish I had the abilities or patience to do something like that.
[IMG][/IMG]

Zee

[SIGPIC]https://lateral-g.net/forums/image.php4?type=sigpic&userid=4368&dateline=121287 1168[/SIGPIC]
RENDERING GALLERY!!
Old 08-08-2007, 09:12 PM

Wow !!!

Zee that's awesome man ! Now that's what I'm talking about.

I was checking yesterday and found several 356 cars without engines for around 7 K. I plan to track my build and see what the costs are - so maybe you should start saving now and build one too !!!

Really enjoyed the photochop - Thanks !

Jim
Old 08-08-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZVT
I have always wanted a 356 porsche in fact it was one of the first cars I photshopped(See Pic)
That is going to be one amazing ride and with the C5 goodies WOW!!

Wish I had the abilities or patience to do something like that.
[IMG][/IMG]

Zee
Is there any way you could send me a larger copy of that ( the lower pic )? I always loved the 356. I don't even know what to say about this build other then [email protected]

Photobucket
Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage Dog 65
Wow !!!

Zee that's awesome man ! Now that's what I'm talking about.

I was checking yesterday and found several 356 cars without engines for around 7 K. I plan to track my build and see what the costs are - so maybe you should start saving now and build one too !!!

Really enjoyed the photochop - Thanks !

Jim
Thanks Jim.

If you could please send me the list of 356"s I have been contemplating a 67-68 mustang build but a 356 will be right up there if i find the right one.[email protected]

87wildside:If you click on the pic it will make it take you to my webshots gallery with a larger pic.

[SIGPIC]https://lateral-g.net/forums/image.php4?type=sigpic&userid=4368&dateline=121287 1168[/SIGPIC]
RENDERING GALLERY!!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:00 AM

Hi Zee,

Couple places routinely post 356 cars.

Best place is the 356 Registry www.356Registry.org Check the classified pages.

Ebay has a yellow 64B coupe with no motor right now.

www.Craigslist.org Check California area for the most possibilities.

Bob Campbell sells a bunch at www.356Sales.com

I found mine at Bob Campbell's place for 6 K. It was a complete car - just not assembled or painted. Motor/Trans/Suspension and Interior needed to be rebuilt. All metal work was done. Well, until I attacked it with a sawsall and wiz wheel ... but that's another story.

If I see one I'll PM you.

Jim
Old 08-11-2007, 06:00 AM

Kinda funny but I was just talking to my wife about building her a 356 Cabriolet replicar. There are a couple out there that look pretty cool. One uses a Honda engine and the other uses a Subaru. Both are mid-motors with a nice sized trunk.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill