Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Brakes
User Name
Password

Old 06-21-2010, 12:41 AM

Default 2010 Camaro brakes on first gen?

Has anybody mounted 2010 Camaro brakes on a first gen yet?

Seems to be gaining popularity here in Australia to mount factory 2010 take off brembos to the VE commodore range, and VE calipers to earlier commodore models. Based off this, there can't be much difference in caliper mountings etc.

Do 2010 Camaro use the same rotor offset as earlier C5/6 rotors? Most of the big brake conversions for first gen are based on these models, so it's only a matter of time until the 2010 brakes are more common and conversion kits update.

2010 take offs seem to be pretty cheap to buy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...Q5fAccessories

Fuel prices suck!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:59 PM

Check with Tobin at Kore3, I'm sure he will know.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:59 PM

Id like to know as well!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:57 PM

We're working on it currently, however it's not as simple as one might hope/think. The Brembo calipers used on the 2010 Camaro SS are actually basically the same units as used on the 2004-2007 CTS-V calipers aside from the obvious cosmetic differences. I believe these are also commonly used on many of the SRT-8 applications as well due to their relatively low cost in the grand scheme of things.

The rotors also appear to be the same castings, however they are machined differently since the wheel patterns are different, 5x120 for the Camaro versus 6x115mm for the CTS-V. These rotors are shallower than their C5/C6 counterparts and have wider friction annuli to better suit the huge pads that come with the Brembo calipers. Shallow rotors plus wide calipers equals large caliper overhang dimensions requiring thick center wheels, which may be good for the guys charging by the minute for CNC time, but is not so good for the wallet.

Due to the axial mount design of the calipers, some applications just won't be practical/feasible without running massive rotors...something along the lines of 15.6" [396mm] minimum with a second-gen F-body spindle.

HTH,
Tobin
KORE3
Old 11-16-2010, 06:02 PM

I ended up buying a set of 330mm Baer brakes for my 68... But will still keep an eye on the progress of this for my 69....

The availability of the Camaro and CTS calipers is only going to get better.... and cheaper.

Fuel prices suck!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:48 AM

Any update on this? I have a first gen, with C4 spindles and brakes on it now, and have a set of 2010 Camaro brakes, I was hoping to retrofit. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks