Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 12-28-2015, 08:55 PM

Just got my ac bump wiring kit and dual fan wiring kit for the GMPP unit. Seems very very simple. For $140 combined for both kits all of my relays will be in the fuse box. Just route 4 wires to the fans from the fuse box and 1 wire from the AC compressor to the AC bump kit so a total of 5 wires going back and forth. The rest is tapping which anyone can do. Should all take about 90 min.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsgarage View Post
What color are the two wires that hook up from your GMPP harness? Usually it's one light green wire and one purple with a black stripe.
green with a black stripe

Purple with a white stripe.

according to my controller instructions the green with black is gss lo pos 1 and the purple with white is vss top hi pos 2. The t56 lockout is asking for a vss signal and a vss reference. Does the GMPP controller have 2 signals wires and no reference wire?

According the the samco unit instructions it states " you do not been both the vss reference wire from the vehicle harness and the blue wire from the samco box both connector to the vss sensor. The blue VSS reference wire from the samco unit is to take place of the reference wire when its not present in the vehicle. If you already have the factory 2 wire in your vehicle harness cut and tape the samco blue wire and dont use it"

That above is confusing. What im seeing a reference wire is not present in the vehicle unless its present somewhere else since both vss sensor wires seem to be signal wires. I think im overthinking this and all i have to do is not use the samco blue wire and run my yellow samco unit wire to either of the 2 wires going to the vss sensor since it doesnt matter

Both wires tested with the ignition off, i had the same ohm readings on both wires compared to ground

Last edited by randy; 09-15-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:26 PM

bit the bullet. Ran the yellow wire from the samco unit to the purple wire on the gmpp controller that runs to the vss. Reverse lockout works great. speeds above 5mph the shifter is like a rock if you try to put it in reverse to the far right. Blue wire wasn't used.