Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2022, 10:13 PM

So I had a little snag in that the swinging pedal assembly I bought a long time ago was actually for a 66 Nova and as it turns out, they don’t interchange with 67’s so I got the correct bracket, got it cleaned, swapped the brake pedal over with all new stuff and was finally able to get my steering column halfway installed to determine where to drill the hole for the column to go thru the firewall. Worked up the nerve to drill the hole after experimenting with a couple different methods and got that checked off the list. Also got the AC bulkheads mounted to the firewall and mocked up on the inner fender and then shifted my attention to the transmission. Got the torque converter installed and verified it was seated properly and noticed that the bellhousing must be for an LS based engine as the 12 o clock bolt hole and the one to the right of it are in the wrong spot. This sucks cause I specifically called to ask the company if I needed to buy the LT bellhousing and they said it was already on the part number trans I was looking at. It bolts up fine everywhere else except the 2 positions but I guess I’m gonna have to pull it back apart and swap the bellhousing. This business of having to order and wait on parts to make progress is getting old, especially when you think you’ve got everything you need. If anyone has any insight as to the differences between the two bellhousings (besides the two bolt holes) I’d like to hear it. Here’s some pics…Also, for anyone else having trouble identifying 1st/2nd Gen Nova pedal brackets, the guy I bought the correct one from sent me a pic of the three early types…the left one is 62-65 I think, middle is 66 and right is 67.
Attached Images

Link to my 68 Camaro build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Link to my 67 Nova build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57769
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gmachine1911 For This Useful Post:
camcojb (01-15-2022), Roscoe03 (01-16-2022)