Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 03-24-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Color

Or perhaps this type of orange. Found it on ebay. Enjoy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...537989224&rd=1
Old 03-24-2005, 06:14 PM

Hey TN, Thanks for the links, I really like both of those colors, The blue car is really nice, hard to tell if that blue is a candy job or not (?). I like the look of candys in general (I have painted a few bikes with) but I'm a little hesitant to do my car in a candy (nearly impossible to fix, in the event that's ever needed)...and then there's part of me that doesn't want the full-on kandy look because of the "70's indoor car show-lowrider" funkyness that sometimes comes along with it...The indecision continues...

Project update thread here:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=12743

My Lateral-G Page

My Shop Build:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16310
Old 03-24-2005, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite692
Hey TN, Thanks for the links, I really like both of those colors, The blue car is really nice, hard to tell if that blue is a candy job or not (?). I like the look of candys in general (I have painted a few bikes with) but I'm a little hesitant to do my car in a candy (nearly impossible to fix, in the event that's ever needed)...and then there's part of me that doesn't want the full-on kandy look because of the "70's indoor car show-lowrider" funkyness that sometimes comes along with it...The indecision continues...

Yea, it is wise to consider repairs and the problems paint may cause you. Just for kicks here is another link of the blue car. Always fun to look at nice '69s. May give you ideas with other things. Good luck.

http://www.pro-touring.com/cars_main.htm

can't link you to it directly so here is what you need to do:
click - "69 camaros" on left
scroll down to Brent Jackson
You'll know what to do after that.

Last edited by tndude; 03-24-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:15 AM

Here ya go, Brent built Stan owned, I just went to a small, invite only viewing of Stan's quite impressive collection last night! Yes that camaro is quite a car...I even got to hear it run for a while...what a nasty BBC!!! He also has a Chevy II that is WAY custom sporting a Procharged, twin intercooled LS1...and yes that was music to my ears...I don't think my car will be able to leave the garage now naturally asperated!!
Old 03-25-2005, 03:09 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite692
The blue car is really nice, hard to tell if that blue is a candy job or not (?). I like the look of candys in general (I have painted a few bikes with) but I'm a little hesitant to do my car in a candy (nearly impossible to fix, in the event that's ever needed)...and then there's part of me that doesn't want the full-on kandy look because of the "70's indoor car show-lowrider" funkyness that sometimes comes along with it...The indecision continues...
Rob,it looks like it is a candy and beautiful candy it is.I think it would be worth going for
Old 03-25-2005, 04:19 AM
Supporting Member

I agree about working with what the wife really wants to see on the outer skin. You can always strip it down and repaint it again in the future. Black...is, well, the absolute most bad to the bone color ever invented. That car in black up against those rims with the tires all slicked up and the chrome polished will just eat the road alive.

Almost all my cars are black (my wife's, my truck, my vette, etc). This is interesting though because I wanted to paint my 69 Camaro black. However, my wife really put her foot down on this one. She told me that since I was fortunate enough to get the car back after 17 years it had to be painted the same as it was when I was a kid. Having her support often makes all the difference in a project going smooth, or being a constant point of household friction (especially on the bank account).

Now, maybe you can put your heads together here. How about jet black,then put some phantom mist gold Z28 stripes on the hood and trunk? Maybe you could do the calipers and some key engine parts in gold, and or do the dash and interior gold with the body black.

She will feel like a huge part of your project, the look will grow on you more and more, and well...black will NEVER go out of style unlike some of these starburst trendy orange colors out there now. Hey, remember when everybody in the aftermarket was racing to paint their cars teal and aqua back in the early '90s? Don't see much of that anymore do you?

No matter what color you paint it, she is going to be one hot ride! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:37 PM

Chris, Jonny, Anthony, TN...thanks much for the links and the input, and the compliments. Chris you are right about various "trendy" colors, something to definately keep in mind (my brother in law is having me paint his bike with the blue-green chameleon stuff, and I've been telling him the same thing!) .

I guess it will come down to wether the car is straight enough for black, or not. I think it will be when I'm done with it. It WOULD make the missus happy...but on the other hand, I like the way the 69 body style looks in metallics because of how all of the creases/ridges/contours of the body really "light up" as opposed to solids, where they kinda disappear, and they tend to disappear a lot on Black.

Black and Gold...I dunno...too much of a shelby GT350H mental block I have going on with that, I guess..

Maybe Jonny is right, I should do a kandy. Arrrgh.

My Lateral-G Page

My Shop Build:

Last edited by rwhite692; 03-25-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I like that candy blue alot!I think color is the hardest choice of any build.I have noticed and i am guilty of it to,we spend to much time thinking of a reason why not to paint a car a certain color.Instead of Just going for what we lke the most.Just go for it
Old 03-25-2005, 04:09 PM

Rob, at the moment I'm about 99% sure I'm going with this color. It's 1996 Corvette GS blue, and really pops like a candy in the right light.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2005, 04:38 PM

Hey Jonny, you are absolutely right, I just can't decide what it is that I want!

Bill, that blue is really nice!! it especially looks good with the white stripes...

My Lateral-G Page

My Shop Build: