Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 10-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Made a little progress today with a setback also........First.....Talked to the Edelbrock Tech guy today and was told ........"Gee".......You are the first one to have problems with the coils hitting the injectors......LOL........I sent him pictures and haven't heard a word since.........Next......the A/C compressor I had on the car with plans to move it down low fell apart as the compressor is too big to fit in that area available........Gonna have to go with the smaller SD-7 Compressor........So....I made a low compressor mount today just like I made for the LSA in the Chevelle.......Feeling good........Get home and put it on and something didn't look right.....LOL........Duhhhh!!!.......I assumed that the dedicated A/C drive belt position would be in the same place as the LSA.........LOL..........1 3/16" difference.........Guess I get to make another one tomorrow........Darn !!!!..........But......I did get the driver side Aluminum Edelbrock Coil cover clearance for the master cylinder and alternator brackets......Also took the radiator back out so I have some room to get the compressor fit and mounted in that lower position.......two steps backward and one step forward......

Old 10-19-2015, 08:53 PM

Default Looks good Ken

Show us a few more pics of your "clearance" work on the aluminum cover. That looks nice and tight from what I can see. What did you use for this?
Old 10-20-2015, 07:50 PM

So........Continuing on with the A/C compressor mounting .........Again.......I made the same lower mount I made for the LSA engine and when installing it I found out the LS2 had different Belt spacing on the Balancer......I measured the difference and started over today on a revised version........LOL.....Again....this is guess work until you actually put it together and see those clearance issues.......I had the other version draw up in Solidworks so I revised it to be what I now thought it should be.......Here are some pic's of designing and making the brackets......Brought them home and other than some clearance issues with the upper piece it went together perfectly......

Old 10-23-2015, 07:24 AM

Checked off a couple more things on the to do list.....When I first looked at the space available for the A/C compressor.....I thought "No Problem"......LOL.......well I had to go with the smaller SD7 and with that I have about a 1/2 " clearance all around, but....It is in and in it's final position.......No room for a tensioner so I'll just keep the turnbuckle in place.......Had to turn over the upper mount and modify it for clearance for the A/C fittings......but it's all good now........

The next thing to resolve was the Injector/Coil issue........Thru recommendations I bought a set of Holley valve covers than change the mounting position of the coils........Bingo......

Old 10-25-2015, 06:39 PM

Ken, what is the round shaped object mounted on the pass side of the firewall?
Full of DSE and Holley parts
Old 10-25-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
Ken, what is the round shaped object mounted on the pass side of the firewall?

Part of the Alarm system...............

Ken
Old 10-27-2015, 06:57 AM

A/C lines finished and installed.........The Heat Exchanger also showed up and needs to be mounted.......I also got the "O" ring tank seal that I needed to finish up the Tank installation (threw out the one that came with the pump with the box.......Duhhhhhh!!!)

Old 10-27-2015, 01:00 PM

Man I was just starting to think about getting into my blower setup - and your already almost done!

Those Holley valve covers look great! That sucks about all the custom work though. Is that heat exchanger for the blower intercooler - or for the AC?
Old 10-27-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
Man I was just starting to think about getting into my blower setup - and your already almost done!

Those Holley valve covers look great! That sucks about all the custom work though. Is that heat exchanger for the blower intercooler - or for the AC?

Supercharger................
Old 10-27-2015, 04:35 PM

One of the last things to do in the engine compartment is to get the heat exchanger mounted and lines run.......so I put the radiator back in for the last time so I can see where the interference issues will be