Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 06-01-2022, 03:19 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default 1967 Factory RS Camaro

I have owned it since 1994. I don't have the time to finish the car and to be honest the interest either. It has been years since I have worked on it. I have used it for new product testing/prototyping and that's the only time I have touched it since starting the business. I have not kept up with cars values in over 15 years so, what is it worth? I have listed the details below.

Clean Texas title 1967 Camaro RS. Rust free body. The body work from the firewall back has been completed and in primer. The interior has been painted black and the door and trunk jamb have been painted red. The underneath has been painted satin black. The car has DSE mini tubs installed. Weld in subframe connectors. New grill, headlight grills and grill trim. New RS headlight motors. All new exterior trim. Have an extra set of vent window frames and an extra passenger side door. No hood, trunk lid or bumpers.

Suspension

Factory front subframe has been powder coated in satin black. Speed Tech tubular control arms. QA1 adjustable coilovers.
Rear end is a 9” with 3.70 gears that has been narrowed 1.5” per side. Landrum leaf springs.

Brakes

Front- C5 Corvette calipers (Corvette embossing machined off) with slotted and drilled zinc plated rotors.
Rear- Cadillac calipers with E-brake with slotted and drilled zinc plated rotors.
Stainless steel hard lines. 9” booster.

Interior

Full factory gauge package with console. Factory tilt steering column. B&M Mega Shifter. 1996 300ZX black leather seats (recovered) with powered driver's side. The rear seat was in process of being created. New headliner installed. 3 point front seat belts. Deluxe door panels. New carpet. Front carpet installed. Vintage Air Sure Fit A/C and Heat. All of the stereo is NIB except as noted consisting on JL Audio 10W6A v2 sub with sub enclosure, Boston Acoustics 5 ¼ and tweeter components (installed) and 6 ½ coaxial. Prescion Power Amplifiers. Clarion Head Unit. NIB power front windows. New rear qtr power windows installed. Front power windows new in box.

Engine and Transmission

383 SBC professionally built 500 hp/510 torque. New GM block, steel crank, hydraulic roller cam, AFR 195cc heads and roller rockers.
700R4 with matched stall for cam. Drive shaft installed.
New in box - Be Cool aluminum radiator with dual electric fans. Holley 750cfm carb. MSD pro billet distributor, Digital 6 Plus ignition and coil. MSD plug wires. Super Comp Hooker Headers Ceramic Coated. Vintage Air Front Runner.

Thanks for your input.
Attached Images

Modo Innovations
940-391-9002

Last edited by MODO Innovations; 06-11-2022 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Added more info on engine and interior
The Following User Says Thank You to MODO Innovations For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (06-21-2022)
Old 06-06-2022, 10:31 AM

I know that an LS or LT with a 6 spped is more desirable.

Is it easier to put a value on this car without all of the sbc stuff and the 700R4? If so, what do you think the value without them (sbc and 700R4) would be?

NOTE: I do have more pictures of the car and the parts that I have if needed. I do have the fender extensions, I was trying to get the photos before it rained and forgot to grab them off of the shelf. The car has always been inside since I have owned it.

Modo Innovations
940-391-9002

Last edited by MODO Innovations; 06-06-2022 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,443 Times in 625 Posts

I do not know the value of what you have, but hopefully someone will jump in. But that does look like a really solid car and if I was looking for a 67 I'd be very interested. Unfinished projects are tough to value as unless the buyer likes everything you were doing he'll probably want to "make it his own" and probably remove and sell the stuff he won't use, so they're not going to want to pay for those parts. Offering it minus engine/trans will open it up to more buyers, but they'll also want to get it cheap.

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank
Old 06-06-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
Unfinished projects are tough to value as unless the buyer likes everything you were doing he'll probably want to "make it his own" and probably remove and sell the stuff he won't use, so they're not going to want to pay for those parts. Offering it minus engine/trans will open it up to more buyers, but they'll also want to get it cheap.
I agree 100%. Thanks Jody

Modo Innovations
940-391-9002
Old 06-06-2022, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,443 Times in 625 Posts

What are you hoping to get for it?

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank
Old 06-06-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
What are you hoping to get for it?
I really don't know. I don't have to sell it, I just don't have the time to work on it currently. I would hate for it to become a barn find later

Modo Innovations
940-391-9002
Old 06-19-2022, 12:50 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Well this won't help, but in 1984/85, went and looked at one, California car, Air Force family was getting shipped to Germany, highly optioned powerglide car, all the chrome was removed was getting ready for paint, no rust, perfect interior, tach gauges speed warning fiber lights on the fenders, husband was gone to duty already and she told us well it looks like you guys are into Camaros give me $1200 and its yours, we passed cause the P/G was slipping, we passed cause we were stupid!!!!

70 Nova SS street racer, ugly,
Old 06-20-2022, 04:05 PM

I looked at a 68 RS Z28 about that time (84/85). This car had everyhting you could get from the factory. It had a bad clutch and needed a paint job. The owner wanted $4K. I offered $3K. Owner said no. A few weeks later I saw it driving down the street. I pulled over the new owner and talked to him about it. He got it for $3K. I should have had cash in hand when I made the offer.

Modo Innovations
940-391-9002
Old 06-22-2022, 01:10 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Shannon, One more and I'll be quiet, I worked on the Shuttle Program for 25 years, lots of people know I have cars, drove cars, raced cars, and so on,

Guy I know says, You still have your Camaro?? sure do! He drove a plain jane 69 to work as a daily driver, ugly dried up paint, single exhaust, doggy 69',

He says I want to sell my 69!! buy it!!, I'll come look at it.....What do you want for it, nothing really, need to make some space! I get to his house, it's not space, he's in trouble.. wife's pissed, really pissed!! HE!!! has 3 Cessna 172 at his house in pieces!!!!! and 2 more in a Hanger, only 1 fly's, There's MF'n wings Fuselage's, there's parts everywhere, so, the story is, he took parts off the SBC in the 69 to make his 70's C10 run to ferry parts to and from the hanger, so, its dead, soon he will be dead too!

I start looking over the Camaro, faded gold, with the green interior, I looked at the engine area, says it's a 307 2bbl, and I notice, inside the fenders are diagonal emblem holes all filled with bondo, same with the other fender, and the tail panel, then there's the chrome Muncie handle and gauges, and a tack and a clock, and 12 bolt, and dual exhaust spots on the frame rail.....

SO!!! interest is high, that's the only 69 I've ever wanted a 69 Z/28!!, we agree to $1300 !!! I'm good with that, he was too!, It's like 2 weeks before Christmas, and I ask is it ok if I get it after Christmas, but, before NYE! sure, no problem! It'll be here!!

I'll pay for it now, no, its OK! Christmas comes and goes,

I call on the 27th, Tom I'm want to come get the car! HE'S like oh' yea, I went out of town before Christmas, the wife found out I went to go pick up another plane!!!! SO! while I was gone, she called a friend from North Florida and he came down and got it,

I was like really?? even though she was right there when I said I'll come get it, all he said was I'm sorry !

People have told me I should have hunted her down, I've heard all kinds of things people wanted me to do to her!!!

10-15 years go by, I see him in a Cafeteria, he says hey I think that car was a Z/28, said yea pretty sure it was, he was like wow, they go for big money!!! I said you gotta have all the original parts!!!!

That whole thing still stings to this day!

70 Nova SS street racer, ugly,

Last edited by Steve68; 06-22-2022 at 10:48 AM.