Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-09-2023, 09:54 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve68 View Post
Damn, I just hate junk clutches!!!

The worst one in the world is "Luk" absolute garbage! stock slipping, no grabbing spinning junk! Even grenaded the clutch plate in my 12' Jeep Rubicon, for some odd reason I had no clutch, took it apart, no material on one side of the plate, gone! name on it Luk, Nova same thing when I got it from the guy that built it, 6000 rpms just sit there and spin, Luk!!!

Glad you upgraded your upgrade!
We could use more pictures there Shane!

70 Nova SS street racer, ugly,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve68 For This Useful Post:
Roscoe03 (03-14-2023), syborg tt (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 02:35 PM

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
I agreeeeeee

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
The Following User Says Thank You to syborg tt For This Useful Post:
Roscoe03 (03-14-2023)
Old 01-25-2024, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
I agreeeeeee
Sorry, didn’t see your posts until today. Life got busy and I haven’t been on here until just recently. I only had the Camaro out a handful of times last year so I’ll have to owe you some pics but I appreciate the interest! TBH I had gotten pretty burned out after getting the 67 Nova project back. It was a combination of burnout and disappointment about a few of the roadblocks I had run in to. I basically piled all the parts inside the car (which is pretty much everything needed to finish it) and bought a cover for it and just pretended like it wasn’t there, lol. I knew if I attempted to work on it when my heart wasn’t in it, that I wouldn’t be happy with my results so I opted to let it ride until that “feeling” came back. It worked out well since work was busy, Momma’s in school finishing her doctorate and my boys are growing up way too fast…my oldest leaves for the Marine Corps in June and my youngest is planning on the Army (at least for now) the next year. That’ll really get you thinking about your life decisions right there.

Anyway, since I know Marty’s a bicycle fan, I thought I’d throw in a pic of my old BMX bike. Had gone thru it a few years ago for the boys to ride but the wear and tear was starting to show so I did it again and now it resides in the man cave. I even found one of my old number plates. Anyway, I’ve been making some plans on the Nova lately so as soon as wrestling season’s over with, I hope to post up some progress on it. Thanks for tuning in!
Attached Images

Link to my 68 Camaro build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Link to my 67 Nova build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57769
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gmachine1911 For This Useful Post:
camcojb (01-25-2024), fleetus macmullitz (01-25-2024), Roscoe03 (01-27-2024), WSSix (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 03:40 PM

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
It worked out well since work was busy, Momma’s in school finishing her doctorate and my boys are growing up way too fast…my oldest leaves for the Marine Corps in June and my youngest is planning on the Army (at least for now) the next year. That’ll really get you thinking about your life decisions right there.
I married a Marine Colonel daughter and man is she tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
Anyway, since I know Marty’s a bicycle fan, I thought I’d throw in a pic of my old BMX bike. Had gone thru it a few years ago for the boys to ride but the wear and tear was starting to show so I did it again and now it resides in the man cave. I even found one of my old number plates. Anyway, I’ve been making some plans on the Nova lately so as soon as wrestling season’s over with, I hope to post up some progress on it. Thanks for tuning in!
That is awesome and I wish I still had my old BMX bike. I do however have my very first real mountain bike (circa mid 90's), the funny thing is way back in the day I built the bike with a single ring up front, downhill rims and oversize downhill tires. Who new I would be a trendsetter on the bike back them. I just found them more comfortable and it made the bike handle so much better.

I should also mention I am kinda burned out with work, cars and just life so I to have taken a Camaro break.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
The Following User Says Thank You to syborg tt For This Useful Post:
WSSix (01-25-2024)