Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Paint and Body
User Name
Password

Old 04-19-2007, 09:56 AM

Default '67-68 Camaro/Firebird body panel interchangeability?

I know that I have read about this before in the past but I can't remember and I haven't been able to find it using the "Search" function either.

Which parts of the '67-68 Firebird's & Camaro's are interchangeable?

If I remember correctly the doors and deck lid are interchangeable, but the front fender panels are not. Obviously I know that components such as the front valance panel, tail light panel, hood, & grill are not interchangeable, but what about the unibody itself? If I remember correctly I think that I have heard that the unibodies are the same with the exception of the tail light panel and the vents in the rear quarters on the Firebird's.

I ask because the '67 Camaro coupe bodies are now available on the aftermarket and it would be nice to be able to use a readily available replacement body if when I get my '67 Firebird coupe media blasted I find much more extensive rust damage that what I am currently expecting. . .hoping for the best since there is no missing paint, no surface rust, and no bubbling paint. . .hoping for just the normal stuff around the wheel wells and the rocker panels if anything at all, but we all know that paint can hide some pretty significant problems.

Last edited by atomicjoe23; 04-19-2007 at 03:56 PM.