User Name
Password

Old 09-19-2018, 05:58 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Great job,car is really looking good
Old 09-19-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
Yeah, I used DSE's 1.5" setback mounts. I figured since I used their frame and headers it only made sense to go with their mounts. Although they offer standard mounts, I liked the idea of moving the weight back a little. I'll attach a pic of the header clearance around the driver side, which would be the tightest but even there, you'd have plenty of room for their standard mount...probably even more room then me due to how the front primary tubes split to go around the steering shaft. It's a little hard to distinguish in the sea of black, but if you were to move the engine forward, the tube clearance around the steering shaft would only increase and there's no other obstructions close that would interfere.

I just bought the mounts and headers for my dse sub. Setback mounts are required with the headers.

https://www.detroitspeed.com/img/pro...%20Fitment.JPG
Old 09-27-2018, 07:08 AM

While waiting for my car to go to the body shop for trunk pan mods and front clip assembly, I installed my Digitails LED tail lights. Nice kit and super bright. The only thing I'm not too fond of is that on the Standard Camaro lens, because you have to trim the gasket away that separates the tail light from the backup light, it allows red light to "bleed" over into the white lens when the lights are on. Nothing major, I'll pull them back apart and use something to create a barrier without affecting the LED strip's need to lay flat. I tried posting a video but it's not liking the URL...anyway, here's a pic of the reverse lights. If my headlights ever fail, I can at least drive home in reverse with these babies!
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gmachine1911 For This Useful Post:
RdHuggr68 (10-28-2018), syborg tt (12-29-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 07:17 AM

Installed my front harnesses. Now if I just had some seats! Going on 4 months and still no Recaros...
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Gmachine1911 For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (12-29-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 07:36 PM

Ever have one aspect of your project that you procrastinate doing because it's gonna be a pain and you know that unless you're in the "mood" to do it, it's just not gonna turn out right? Well, I've been working around, delaying and just not in the right frame of mind to deal with that God-forsaken engine fuse box for awhile now and finally got stupid thing stashed away in the glove box. Although that's been the plan all along and at times I've fabbed up brackets, etc. I never really liked where or how it looked (or the glove box door didn't shut right).
I searched high and low for other types of brackets offered but to no avail with the exception of a GM bracket that didn't offer much use as it turns out. So yesterday I ditched the GM bracket and spent some time test fitting and mounting the fuse box and I'm happy to report that it's no longer hanging from a zip tie on the passenger window crank! Now that the glove box door is back on, it's finally starting to resemble a complete interior...
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2018, 08:18 PM

Default Huge favor

May I ask you for a huge favor ?

Could you tell me the measurements from floor to top of those seat brackets ? I am trying to see if I can fit my ecu under my seat
Old 09-30-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
May I ask you for a huge favor ?

Could you tell me the measurements from floor to top of those seat brackets ? I am trying to see if I can fit my ecu under my seat
It measures 3/4" clearance between the carpet and the bottom of the bracket. In my case, in addition to the thickness of the carpet (which is thin), there's a layer of Dynamat as well as a layer of 1/4" Dynaliner. The Planted brackets are pretty typical for mounting Recaros I think and there'll be maybe a little more room by the time you add the seat adjuster plus whatever open cavity there is in the bottom of the seat. Hope that helps...
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Gmachine1911 For This Useful Post:
XLexusTech (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
It measures 3/4" clearance between the carpet and the bottom of the bracket. In my case, in addition to the thickness of the carpet (which is thin), there's a layer of Dynamat as well as a layer of 1/4" Dynaliner. The Planted brackets are pretty typical for mounting Recaros I think and there'll be maybe a little more room by the time you add the seat adjuster plus whatever open cavity there is in the bottom of the seat. Hope that helps...
Thank you very much !
Old 10-06-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
He nailed it on the exhaust hangers for the mufflers. I had provided some isolators for the hangers but he ended up using some S10 isolators that had metal inserts so they won't tear or break as quickly over time. I'm still waiting on my driveshaft so they mocked one up from 3" exhaust tubing.

Despite all my hopes and prayers, it appears I'm gonna have to do some surgery on the trunk pan corners to create enough room for the tail pipes to clear

The one time I should've cut "cut corners" on this build...anyway, now I get to do it after the fact.
Beautiful car!! Can I ask a question about your exhaust though ? I have a similar set-up with my mufflers, do you think the driveshaft will hit the drivers side muffler ?? Thanks.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Ever have one aspect of your project that you procrastinate doing because it's gonna be a pain and you know that unless you're in the "mood" to do it, it's just not gonna turn out right? Well, I've been working around, delaying and just not in the right frame of mind to deal with that God-forsaken engine fuse box for awhile now and finally got stupid thing stashed away in the glove box. Although that's been the plan all along and at times I've fabbed up brackets, etc. I never really liked where or how it looked (or the glove box door didn't shut right).
I searched high and low for other types of brackets offered but to no avail with the exception of a GM bracket that didn't offer much use as it turns out. So yesterday I ditched the GM bracket and spent some time test fitting and mounting the fuse box and I'm happy to report that it's no longer hanging from a zip tie on the passenger window crank! Now that the glove box door is back on, it's finally starting to resemble a complete interior...

Where did you mount those under dash LED lights? they look great, makes the interior pop. also, where is that shifter from? thanks, nice work sir.