Old 03-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,369 Posts

#communicationcomplexities

photo uploading

Skip
Old 03-09-2017, 07:06 PM

Hey Greg I sent you a message on Face book to check how you were doing Glad I finally got on here to see your doing OK. I just got a chance to catch up on this thread and it seems to be good news. Keep up the good fight!

Marty great news glad to hear it.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post

All a person can do in these situations is to put the bowl down ---- but I can't fill it with water....
Speaking of which, it's very important to keep the bong water fresh. Not only does it intensify the "medicine" but it also helps keep your house from smelling dank.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:52 PM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Hey Greg I sent you a message on Face book to check how you were doing Glad I finally got on here to see your doing OK. I just got a chance to catch up on this thread and it seems to be good news. Keep up the good fight!

Marty great news glad to hear it.
Ah --- yeah the whole facebook thing is still a learning curve for me Wayne.... and I turned off their messaging thing because people I didn't know etc started popping up asking questions. It's one thing for me to share info etc with my friends -- such as everyone on here..... but I'm not doing that over there.

I'm doing pretty well all things considered. Yesterday I had a procedure done at the Mayo Clinic here. It's called an ERCP - they go thru your face down to your stomach and up and look at the liver and they can poke around in there etc. The "plan" was to attempt to get an actual biopsy - since we never got actual confirmation of "cancer" other than eyeballs on the problem - which isn't definitive and most doctors can't prescribe or offer advice - because they really don't know for certain what they're dealing with. SO...... that was done and we now wait for test results. They were also going to attempt to remove the two stents in place - but couldn't do that because while one is "coated" the other (the one furtherest up in my liver) is not and is now a permanent part of me.

The good news is --- I've had no symptoms.... other than a serious lack of energy (directly related to my liver issues)..... the bad news is -- the stents will now cause my death even if I do not have cancer. There is only one working bile duct - and it has the stents - and they WILL plug up and that will kill me. How long that takes etc is anyones guess but it's measured in months not years.

So --- while I might have done myself a world of good with the THC/CBD treatment..... it might all now be for naught. I may have cured the cancer -- but the intervention that needed to take place to get me thru the night 9 months ago (the stents) -- may very well be what does me in. Kind of ironic.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:00 PM

Here's the crazy part of this -----

I bought a new long range rifle (A Surgeon in a Cadex Defence chassis) while here. That came with a two day long range shooting class (comes with any rifle purchase from McMillan Firearms). I was able to ring a 12" X 12" steel plate out at 1200 yards (not feet -- YARDS). So that was a first for me...... and is pretty hard to do and is something I've wanted to do for awhile now. Check that.

Then - I go to play golf (@Troon) and I get a Hole-in-one on the 13th. A 170 yard 6 iron.... plop she drops in the cup! WTF! Never done that before - been close many times -- been close to having an eagle a couple times -- but now I have another "Check that". LOL

Life is good - then you die. I'm over it.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Speaking of which, it's very important to keep the bong water fresh. Not only does it intensify the "medicine" but it also helps keep your house from smelling dank.

I gave up the whole smoking thing when my stomach cramps went away. I was only using that method when I was cramping. Once that stopped the need stopped with it. Now I just do a maintenance dose at night and I've even been cutting that back just a bit so I'm not as messed up in the mornings (trust me people - this stuff is very powerful). But when you walk past the coffee pot by "that drawer"..... yeah it's still pretty smelly over there! LOL
Old 03-10-2017, 02:01 AM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 495 Posts

Attached Images

Old 03-10-2017, 09:01 AM

Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,369 Posts

I'm starting to think there's a chance this hole-in-one ain't #FakeNews...

Skip
Old 03-10-2017, 09:57 AM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Ah --- yeah the whole facebook thing is still a learning curve for me Wayne.... and I turned off their messaging thing because people I didn't know etc started popping up asking questions. It's one thing for me to share info etc with my friends -- such as everyone on here..... but I'm not doing that over there.

I'm doing pretty well all things considered. Yesterday I had a procedure done at the Mayo Clinic here. It's called an ERCP - they go thru your face down to your stomach and up and look at the liver and they can poke around in there etc. The "plan" was to attempt to get an actual biopsy - since we never got actual confirmation of "cancer" other than eyeballs on the problem - which isn't definitive and most doctors can't prescribe or offer advice - because they really don't know for certain what they're dealing with. SO...... that was done and we now wait for test results. They were also going to attempt to remove the two stents in place - but couldn't do that because while one is "coated" the other (the one furtherest up in my liver) is not and is now a permanent part of me.

So --- while I might have done myself a world of good with the THC/CBD treatment..... it might all now be for naught. I may have cured the cancer -- but the intervention that needed to take place to get me thru the night 9 months ago (the stents) -- may very well be what does me in. Kind of ironic.
Two things - 1 I've seen some of your fabrication work - we can get that Stent out

2. they went through your Face? WTF
Old 03-10-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Two things - 1 I've seen some of your fabrication work - we can get that Stent out

2. they went through your Face? WTF

Yeah -- they lay your eyeball over to the side and run a tube down from there.....

LOL

NO!!! They run the scope thru your mouth..... which is why I have a sore throat and a fat lip for the last couple of days.