User Name
Password

Old 05-23-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
The last 3 pics posted look good size.

And the car is coming along.

#NoMoreSauce

Okay, now I know what to resize to. Sucks that I have to process before uploading to FB.

Thanks, 100 degrees in the shop and now I'm working on it...

www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com

"I own a Mopar, so I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't actually fit without modification."
Old 05-23-2019, 08:23 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Looks good Craig. Might try and drop by the shop on Tuesday if you are going to be around.
Full of DSE and Holley parts
Old 05-24-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
Looks good Craig. Might try and drop by the shop on Tuesday if you are going to be around.
Yep, always here or on my way back.

www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com

"I own a Mopar, so I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't actually fit without modification."
Old 05-25-2019, 06:37 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Very nice, Craig. Can they be taken out fairly easily? Keep up the good work!

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 05-26-2019, 03:12 AM

Looks like a ton of antidive if you leave the upper arms like that. Those headers are amazing. Would take me months just to weld them up, LOL. Nice collectors, Burns
or ? I'm interested to see how the rest of the exh system will run!

2002 S-10, Daily Driver and autoX
1966 Chevelle MALIBU ( mine since 1971) Drag car converting to a track car!

Last edited by rixtrix1; 05-26-2019 at 03:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rixtrix1 For This Useful Post:
CJD Automotive (05-30-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 03:20 AM

Went to your business website. Impressed! There are virtually no shops like that in the Phoenix area I'm aware of, especially that will work on Sprinter vans. The Dodge dealers hate them, Benz dealers wont work on Dodge variants and vice versa,but there's a shop in Casa Grande, about 45 miles south that does all the diesel sprinters for 5 HVAC companies I know( about 150 trucks). The companies hate the distance and travel time, but are at a loss for another solution.

2002 S-10, Daily Driver and autoX
1966 Chevelle MALIBU ( mine since 1971) Drag car converting to a track car!
The Following User Says Thank You to rixtrix1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 01:23 AM

Hi Craig, just finished reading this whole thread. I too run Ron's GT rear and front clip. Already read Greg's thread too. I bought this stuff in 2016 thinking it was the holy grail setup for our old cars. This is my punishment for not staying updated with the threads - I miss out on news like this (regarding Ron's stuff). Will follow this thread religiously to see which of his parts you modify or throw out. (I like how Speedtech modified the LCA in Greg's car). I'd like to salvage anything I can, since those clips weren't cheap....

I can't thank you enough for sharing your experience with Ron, as well as all the details of the build.

I already ripped out the decoupled stuff in the rear and switched to a standard 3 link. I've been scanning the entire internet for feedback from people who ACTUALLY run this rear setup. Talked to multiple people, most notably Tony Ave (who has experience with these in Trans Am). He basically said this design isn't as effective as we all think. His words were "braking stability is much better without it" and "weight and handling changes as it wears".

Also found a video of this setup in a customer car, taking a beating. Anyone know who's car that is? Can't imagine many ppl are running it? Curious how it performed, considering the decoupled setup used in past Trans Am cars was wayy bigger and beefier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=t3LCG7Q9nHo
The Following User Says Thank You to andre68 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixtrix1 View Post
Looks like a ton of antidive if you leave the upper arms like that. Those headers are amazing. Would take me months just to weld them up, LOL. Nice collectors, Burns
or ? I'm interested to see how the rest of the exh system will run!
Thanks, yep, Burns double slip collectors. Also, had them run the X program for my engine to arrive at a primary size and length. Surprised me on primary length and making life difficult to fit!

www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com

Old 05-30-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixtrix1 View Post
Went to your business website. Impressed! There are virtually no shops like that in the Phoenix area I'm aware of, especially that will work on Sprinter vans. The Dodge dealers hate them, Benz dealers wont work on Dodge variants and vice versa,but there's a shop in Casa Grande, about 45 miles south that does all the diesel sprinters for 5 HVAC companies I know( about 150 trucks). The companies hate the distance and travel time, but are at a loss for another solution.
Thanks, I too hate Sprinters. Expensive parts and difficult to diagnose. Basically, whatever codes you have, the problem is something that didn't code.

www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com

Old 05-30-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre68 View Post
I already ripped out the decoupled stuff in the rear and switched to a standard 3 link. I've been scanning the entire internet for feedback from people who ACTUALLY run this rear setup. Talked to multiple people, most notably Tony Ave (who has experience with these in Trans Am). He basically said this design isn't as effective as we all think. His words were "braking stability is much better without it" and "weight and handling changes as it wears".
I think if you wanted to put in the effort, it could be made to work slightly better than a standard 3-link only because we use 200 treadwear tires. At the end of the day, I'm not willing to chase setup on a constantly moving target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre68 View Post
Also found a video of this setup in a customer car, taking a beating. Anyone know who's car that is? Can't imagine many ppl are running it? Curious how it performed, considering the decoupled setup used in past Trans Am cars was wayy bigger and beefier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=t3LCG7Q9nHo
That's Ron Ver Mulm's car. Talked with him about the decoupled setup, and he was working with it. He had to change out the lower link compression spring unit with one that had more spring travel and a higher spring rate. He had to send the upper shock back to Advanced Racing Suspension to have it MASSIVELY revalved, from Ron it has like 20lbs. of compression, which is about useless. I'll be scrapping it as well and just running a 3 link designed by Riggin's Engineering.

www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com

The Following User Says Thank You to CJD Automotive For This Useful Post:
andre68 (05-30-2019)