Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 09-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Supporting Member

Talking New to Lateral-G, Krook's Welcome?

Now that I've posted a few cars for sale, announced what cars I'll be representing at SEMA this year, opted-in for the SEMA party, and have already been teased about my last name, thought I'd introduce myself.

Blame Charlie Lillard for my ending up here. I have a tendency to take his advice on things, being a good customer and advisor over the years since starting my company, ShowYourAuto.com, in 2003 after deciding to drop out of Corporate America to do what I love- Contributing to the muscle car community that has been keeping me out of trouble (and in other kinds of trouble) since I was 16 years old.

First car ever owned: 1979 Mercury Capri
Why?! My Dad's first new car what a midnight blue/white interior Mercury Capri RS after owning a 1977 Crapi (German Ford Product)

Crappiest Car ever owned (too many to list but I'll pick one): 1976 Ford Maverick, brown with 4 doors

Why? If it isn't obvious, I'll explain. Got a ticket in it the first day I owned it. This, after owning a street/strip GTO I crashed on my 17th birthday. Insult, injury, it's all there. 3 weeks later the pistons decided to melt themsleves to the cylinder walls while I was on an emergency run to get my mom her medication. (long story, lots of humble pie was eaten)

Awesomest car ever driven: Too many to list. Part of my job is sometimes "inspecting" the vintage and cutoms iron represented on my site...the last one I drove was a tremendously cool 1967 Shelby GT350, nightmist blue 4spd car. Every Mustang and Capri I ever restomodded- I tried to fashion after this legend. This car is lighter on her feet-more tossable than a Boss 302, the 289 loves to rev, and she hooks up well from a stop. She feels connected to the road, like something you are driving, not riding in while wrestling (see Mopar 'E' body for that experience).

Biggest Muscle Car Hero: Dan Gurney (though he doesn't know it and wouldn't care if he did)
Why?! No BS guy who knew how to drive, win races, and build a$$ kickin' trans am cars without the need for fame or mass public approval. Mercuery Cougar Trans Am's that would eat anything in there way (even Shelby's), father of the AAR Cuda and Challenger T/A, decided a Dodge Van was a good choice for he and Brock Yates to race across the country in the first Cannon Ball Run...and he won't sign your glove box or visor.

Second Biggest Hero: Phil Remmington
Why?! Because I met him at the Shelby American Museum Charity Dinner held last year (and every year) in Boulder Colorado to venerate the whole Shelby Team- him included. AND HE WAS PUSHING A BROOM TO HELP CLEAN UP THE NEXT DAY. Great Talent, Humble, Service Oriented. That is greatness, one trait without the other is a leadership disaster waiting to happen.

This seems to be a good board, good people, can't wait to be an active contributor.

~Patrick Krook "You need the right muscle car, trust a Krook"

Last edited by theKROOK; 09-29-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Welcome to the board glad to have you here

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale