Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Shop & Equipment
User Name
Password

Old 01-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffithMetal View Post
I killed another pair. As the gloves thin out the feel is so much better but then they fail. Oh well time for some more.

There's just a certain amount of this that's considered "consumables" huh Eric!!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:04 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

I did just receive TWO TIG FINGERS from Welding Tips and Tricks . Com.... so it will be interesting if that saves that side of my right hand glove.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I did just receive TWO TIG FINGERS from Welding Tips and Tricks . Com.... so it will be interesting if that saves that side of my right hand glove.
Cool! Pun intended, though I am interested in your feedback. When I was welding that mortar tube I was wanting one!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
There's just a certain amount of this that's considered "consumables" huh Eric!!
No kidding! I just want a pair that lasts a while once they are broken in. I have to try those TIG finger things.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod1 View Post
I have been down the road buying all these different gloves from Home Depot, Harbor Freight, Hardware stores, etc. They have all been garbage and need to be replace just after a couple of days of fab and welding work. I Finally found the right ones that are supple, dont turn to garbage when grinding sparks hit them, can take a hit from the wheel itself, and even work with the TIG. Its been weeks working with them and they are still in great shape. I am sure that there are others, but at this price?

Get them at Costco. $6.33 per pair in California. Item 651873 Wells Lamont 3 pack leather work glove. $18.99 per pack.
I'm a big +1 on these as well!! I've been buying them for several years now. They tend to split at the seams at the tips of the fingers but I keep a roll of carpet thread and keep them going. I can't tell you how many times these things have saved me from serious gashes when a drill press or a grinder catches a workpiece and jumps. They hold up very well and are light enough that prefer them to the welding gloves I've tried. I keep a clean set on the TIG.

For oily, greasy stuff I buy Nitrile gloves by the box from Costco as well. Habit I got into back working on the line... one minute you are under a car, next you are pulling a dash chasing wiring... Easier to strip off gloves then scrub down every 5 min.

1970 Chevelle I built years back as a Lat-G Feature https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=43116

Last edited by Revved; 01-16-2014 at 07:05 PM.