Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 10-10-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73camarols1 View Post
Hey guys just looking for input. Any at this rate. Is 27.5K unrealistic? Is it worth more to just part it out? If that's what happens any idea on what the shell may be worth? Thanks again. Bill
Yes $27.5 is way unrealistic!

The parts .50-.75 on the dollar at best! Most guys buying from the foresale section are looking for deal so they want the lowest price they can get.

As for the body its worth alittle more then a basic shell as it had the DSE Q-Link installed already, well at least to this crowd.

Just for reference heres one in the forsale section right now. It have alot of work done to it already, not apples to apples but still good reference.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=47081

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Rick D; 10-10-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:38 AM

Thank you guys that's all I was looking for. Looks like its time to start posting up some parts in the for sale section. Thanks again Bill
Old 10-10-2014, 07:47 AM

Ok so i just went and reread your list, my bad for not reading ALL of your post and mostly looking at the pictures.

So your NOT way off on $27.5 but its still a high number.

You still have ALOT of work that has to be done to this car so the buyer either has to know how todo the work him or her self or they are going to have to pay someone (shop) to finish it.

You have alot of nice parts but there is still a ton of parks to be purchased. You mentioned interior is there but is it all in perfect shape? If not it has almost zero value as someone will most likely want it all fresh or custom.

You would be much better off doing more work to the car to get to a roller state with the rear suspension finished and body panels fully installed and at least epoxied.

The other thing to keep in mind (which you already know) is its NOT a 69 Camaro its a 2nd gen which when built to the same specs will always bring less money almost 10-20% less from what I've seen.

Your best bet would add up what you have in the parts real money, the car doesnt matter as you've had it for a long time so its worth what a shell is worth (not much) then decide what you are willing to lose on your money from there. Or aleast you will have a starting point for a price.

I know this is an old saying but its only worth whats someone is willing to pay for it at the time they are looking to buy.

Good luck what ever you decide todo!

What area are you in?

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Rick D; 10-10-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:37 AM

Thanks Rick. Most of the interior is in good shape and some has been replaced. The seat belts are the orginal with the shoulder stap and all holders are there. There are no front seats and rug should be replaced. My father in law owns a body shop (the reason way everything is so dusty) so we have already talked about just installing the panels. The other good thing is that all the other panels is: doors front fenders and nose is in great shape (no rust found yet)and all original from what I can tell. The cars in Boston Ma. Thanks bill
Old 10-10-2014, 10:59 AM

Well if you decide to part it out, I might be a buyer on the wheels?? Let me know?

Good luck!

Old 10-10-2014, 12:12 PM

pm sent
Old 02-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanks for the PM.

I may be interested in the entire car.

The wheels won't work for my IRS. I can manage like a 2" lip in the rear.

68 GMC C1500
Haulin more than the mail

73 Camaro
Better grow a mullet

70 K5 - 4wd turned 2wd
Project might as well...

Known as John or "JJ"
Old 06-14-2015, 05:01 PM

Bring this back up to the top. I have sold a lot of parts but I did make the shell a roller and hung the front sheet metal. Looking to see what you guys think the shell with all the new sheet metal is worth or if there is any interest. It comes with things like the rear seat, steering column and wheel, tail lights, upper and lower dash, door panels. I do still have the KORE3 e brake set up and GMR ends (corvette brakes are sold), DSE brake booster and master, DSE battery relocation kit, mag a flow exhaust, and some other things I will list separate. I'm just at work and wanted to get a jump. I'll list it tomm in the for sale section. I have more pics with the front end on the car I can email or txt if anyone is interested till I get home to list the car. Thanks Bill
Old 01-23-2016, 03:04 AM

Default .

How much did you end up getting out of it?
Old 03-17-2016, 04:20 PM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73camarols1 View Post
Bring this back up to the top. I have sold a lot of parts but I did make the shell a roller and hung the front sheet metal. Looking to see what you guys think the shell with all the new sheet metal is worth or if there is any interest. It comes with things like the rear seat, steering column and wheel, tail lights, upper and lower dash, door panels. I do still have the KORE3 e brake set up and GMR ends (corvette brakes are sold), DSE brake booster and master, DSE battery relocation kit, mag a flow exhaust, and some other things I will list separate. I'm just at work and wanted to get a jump. I'll list it tomm in the for sale section. I have more pics with the front end on the car I can email or txt if anyone is interested till I get home to list the car. Thanks Bill
Bill, what parts do you have left? I just bought a '73

T.C.