Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 01-10-2016, 11:56 AM

Default 1969 Mustang Pro touring

Hi Guys..... Been looking to build another 69 Camaro Pro touring car, just can't find the right car (not completely rotted) as a builder without spending a small fortune. A friend has offered up his 69 Mustang fastback for sale at a reasonable price...the car is completely rust free (southern car) and runs drives.

My intent is to build the car from scratch as a top notch pro-touring car with all the suspension, motor, trans, brakes, etc, etc, and then sell it....... I'm a first gen Camaro guy at heart, but thought it would be cool to do something different. I know a lot of guys will say you can't build a top-notch car and make money, I suppose that is true if you do none of the work yourself. I do it because I love the challenge and enjoy the process as many of us do. The real question is...will a 69 Mustang fastback pull the $100K a 69 Camaro will/does?? This question is not meant to piss of the Ford guys...I just don't have a real good pulse on the 69 Mustang / Pro touring value. I realize there are a lot of variables to my question..... Just looking for some input.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,342 Posts

Have you seen this one yet?

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=47064

I lean towards Fords, but if it was me, I would wait for a '69 Camaro at the right price.

Skip
Old 01-11-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo mentis View Post
Have you seen this one yet?

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=47064

I lean towards Fords, but if it was me, I would wait for a '69 Camaro at the right price.
Thanks Skip..... I thought I would have more people chiming in on this question??
Old 01-11-2016, 02:28 PM

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,342 Posts

Could be because around here (from what I recall), most of the Mustang builds have seemed to be the '65-68's.

Have you looked at the www.ebaymotors.com & www.cars-on-line.com listings?
Also, if you haven't already, most specific ponycar boards have a pro-touring or 'resto-mod' section that might help.

Skip
Old 01-12-2016, 12:20 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccamaro View Post
Hi Guys..... Been looking to build another 69 Camaro Pro touring car, just can't find the right car (not completely rotted) as a builder without spending a small fortune. A friend has offered up his 69 Mustang fastback for sale at a reasonable price...the car is completely rust free (southern car) and runs drives.

My intent is to build the car from scratch as a top notch pro-touring car with all the suspension, motor, trans, brakes, etc, etc, and then sell it....... I'm a first gen Camaro guy at heart, but thought it would be cool to do something different. I know a lot of guys will say you can't build a top-notch car and make money, I suppose that is true if you do none of the work yourself. I do it because I love the challenge and enjoy the process as many of us do. The real question is...will a 69 Mustang fastback pull the $100K a 69 Camaro will/does?? This question is not meant to piss of the Ford guys...I just don't have a real good pulse on the 69 Mustang / Pro touring value. I realize there are a lot of variables to my question..... Just looking for some input.
If the car was done just right it might pull a $100k. I think they are a harder sale to be honest. I'd own one, but I'll admit it would be second to my Camaro. Hard to call it honestly.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 01-12-2016, 07:45 AM

It's hard and more expensive to built a Stang PT car to the same level as a 1st Gen Camaro.

When done it will be hard to sell and therefore probably will not get money in the same neighborhood as a Camaro. I see $65ish tops

I do like the 69s and would jump on it and build it as a Boss 302 tribute.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:06 AM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

If you have to ask about the value when you're done. Don't do it. Build a car you L O V E because the market is long gone when you could build one of these and get a good part of your money back. When I say "these" I mean ANY car.