03/16/2012 as of 03/15/2012
BANK INT 021612-031512
type: bank interest
$0.19

03/15/2012 PCBK PACIFIC CONTINENTAL CORPOREGON
type: QUALIFIED DIV
$55.00

Old 03-23-2012, 05:08 PM

Interesting option to foreclosure: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...il_rt_mc&ifp=0

I can see plus sides of this alternative - what are the potential unethical downsides?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
The difference between bank interest and bank stock:
03/16/2012 as of 03/15/2012
BANK INT 021612-031512
type: bank interest
$0.19

03/15/2012 PCBK PACIFIC CONTINENTAL CORPOREGON
type: QUALIFIED DIV
$55.00

Amazing isn't it?!?!
Old 03-24-2012, 10:00 AM

Here's a very detailed look at Kinder Morgan with an excellent description of its business and it's takeover of El Paso.
I think some of you have invested in this name. This article will let you understand why you did.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4514...el-paso-merger
Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Amazing isn't it?!?!
Ringing the bell baby!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 AM

Here's a good article on Dividend investing in the early stages of starting out...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4513...owth-investing

For me - as I look out at the golf course I played yesterday - and look over my shoulder - looking back at the "beginners".... I wish I could pull you all forward to take a peek at the "after life" of dividend investing - or what it's like to live off your dividends. It might help you stay the course - or plow ever more into the pot. I haven't forgotten 'the early years' - when making the choices of what to do and making the tough choices when things were going south - buying when the markets were going sideways etc... and now... it all looks so "easy".
Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Here's a good article on Dividend investing in the early stages of starting out...

For me - as I look out at the golf course I played yesterday - and look over my shoulder - looking back at the "beginners".... I wish I could pull you all forward to take a peek at the "after life" of dividend investing - or what it's like to live off your dividends. It might help you stay the course - or plow ever more into the pot. I haven't forgotten 'the early years' - when making the choices of what to do and making the tough choices when things were going south - buying when the markets were going sideways etc... and now... it all looks so "easy".
Greg

You are pulling people forward with your thoughts and posts.. So you are helping..

My God, some people have been sitting on cash since 2008......Ahhhhhh...But you have people thinking and acting on it...Well Done

...I HAD to retire young due to health, 52...Major Health..But since I have been doing investing for decades, My numbers will work out fine... I Would have liked to work more to hit the next level, but I am good living off the dividends now...

So people, get investing and keep your eye on the ball..get passionate about money...Not for the money, but for what Greg says...

To me, success is doing whatever you want, whenever you want, for as long as you want, just as long as you are not hurting anyone...To do that , you need.....lots of money...I am not there yet, but close enough

Soon to be crazy

Last edited by Bucketlist2012; 03-26-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

RecoveryRoomInteriors.com

This thread has changed my outlook,
Old 03-26-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:

Good read.

Greg - What you have started here has, with myself and surely others, created feelings of remorse due to not taking this course of action years ago but better late than never IMO. On the other side what you have done is helped numerous younger individuals on this forum as well as a few of their friends get the head-start that many remorse over and that generosity in itself is truely respected. You have spent hours on hours carefully contributing to this thread hoping to make a difference in the financial future of those that will listen no matter their longevity.

Thanks for the generous gift.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:

reeeeeeepooooost!

LOL. that was a great article. Helps "keep the faith"... I even threw a few comments on that one .

As always, thanks Greg and Mike for showing me (and everyone else) "the light".

My Toy... is actually a 1973 Camaro LT and a '09 HD Dyna.