Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Goodguys Events
User Name
Password

Old 03-16-2014, 09:59 AM

I'm about to head up that way in my work car...
Old 03-16-2014, 01:10 PM

Got to see Hobaugh's Camaro run, what a machine and driver. Next week I'll be back to watch you guys run again. The ride tech Camaro was nice and the lady driving the Chevy 2 was quick. Definitely fun to watch can't wait to be able to join. Anyone know what exhaust the red Mustang was running or if it had any at all?
Old 03-16-2014, 03:40 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2keaton11 View Post
Got to see Hobaugh's Camaro run, what a machine and driver. Next week I'll be back to watch you guys run again. The ride tech Camaro was nice and the lady driving the Chevy 2 was quick. Definitely fun to watch can't wait to be able to join. Anyone know what exhaust the red Mustang was running or if it had any at all?

Cheryl is a pretty good driver and her little Nova can scoot!

Brian took me for a ride first thing this morning... The man can wheel a car and he's so smooth he never LOOKS fast.... His driving style is exactly opposite of Danny Pops... Brain is all about smooth.

That red Mustang was loud as hell!! Not sure what - if any - exhaust it was running...

Last edited by GregWeld; 03-16-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
Big thanks to Revved for coming over to help a fellow member he had never met. I only expected a quick stop by from him to listen to my motor and offer a suggestion on what the problem may be. Next thing I know he resetting my rockers. Before the evening was over we had the from end of the motor torn down to the cam just to verify it hadnt skipped a tooth on the chain.

We left it at that point for me to go ahead and pull the motor for a complete overhaul.... Well after some thought over night, I decided the next day I would swap back to the old cam just to see if there would be a difference. Spent all Friday putting it back together and fired it up that night. Unfortunately, still have the same problem.

Again... over night I think it over and decide "what the heck I'll cruise it to the track and just park it Saturday." So this morning I get the car emptied out from the SEMA road trip and head towards the track. To my surprise, the motor feels pretty good despite the horrid sound from under the hood. So, with the car being warmed up, I lay into the first 3 gears spinning the tires all the way. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. That ticking noise accompanying the open exhaust noise is more of a knock now and I think Im down a cylinder. Turned around and limped back to the house. Oh well. time for a new valve train.
No Worries Chris!! Like I said... I'm not much of a stand around and stare at it kind of guy... if its broke it needs to be fixed!! I was really hoping we would find something easily fixable and get you driving to the show. Let me know what you find when those heads come off. I'm guessing bent valves.

We got over to the show around noon to walk around for a little while before stopping by the Roadster Shop booth and picking up our chassis!

I never did get my Babes Chicken this weekend...

1970 Chevelle I built years back as a Lat-G Feature https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=43116

Last edited by Revved; 03-16-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:44 PM

Good to meet the new folks from the forum that I was able to meet this weekend. I didn't make it back out today, decided to hit the road early to make sure I had it home. Has some trouble with the car yesterday, and didn't want to find myself stranded this afternoon...

Hope everyone that made it out today didn't freeze. Man it was cold when I walked outside this morning. And that wind! WOW!

Safe travels home for everyone, and already looking forward to the fall event!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revved View Post
Well in case anyone else made it to Babes last night... Sorry.. I didn't.. Ended up over at GrabberGT's trying to get his engine issues straightened out. Since most of you are at the show and I'm working here at the shop just holler at me if a group gets together to head over there I'm 15-20min from Babes.

817 403 8565.

Adrienne and I went to Babe's tonight for dinner --- did a little Hokey Pokey...I posted a video of that on Instagram (gregweld33) ate some chicken and some chicken fried steak... YUMMY!

Next year we'll plan better and maybe the weather will be more cooperative and we'll feel like going out. By the end of each day here - everyone I know was so cold that nobody felt like doing much.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Adrienne and I went to Babe's tonight for dinner --- did a little Hokey Pokey...I posted a video of that on Instagram (gregweld33) ate some chicken and some chicken fried steak... YUMMY!

Next year we'll plan better and maybe the weather will be more cooperative and we'll feel like going out. By the end of each day here - everyone I know was so cold that nobody felt like doing much.
At least you got a little taste of TX while you were here!

1970 Chevelle I built years back as a Lat-G Feature https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=43116
Old 03-18-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Sean. I'm still here! Here til next event at TMS.... The rig is sitting in the infield there. Adrienne and I moved over to the marriott while she is here thru Thursday.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:

Tonight it was STEAK with a capital Texas styled "S" - at Pappas Bros Steak house... oh yeah - and sides of Crab/mac and cheese... asparagus...creamed spinach - big Beef steak tomatoes and onions with roquefort salad.... OH YEAH!

I'm going to need new pants before Pleasanton!