Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-25-2019, 08:44 PM

Default Building a...Satellite, RoadRunner, or GTX?...advice?

So I’ve got a hankering for a pro-touring Mopar. Call me crazy, but I think I spent one too many nights in front of the television accidentally flipping past the end of Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift. Damn you Steve Strope and Vin Diesel. ANYWAY....I have an rs chassis and drivetrain, and I’m looking for a car. The 1970 Plymouth b-bodies are my first choice by far, but I’ve been considering virtually anything that will fit the chassis. I’m not really into chargers and they’ve been done to death, but I also enjoy the looks of the 69 coronet.

My question is this; As it pertains to value, would you spend the extra time, effort, money, etc...to seek out an actual GTX or a roadrunner even though there wouldn’t be a matching factory number from tip to tail? Would you settle for a Satellite of equal quality? And how would a potential sale of any of these vehicles go, assuming the parts and build quality would be the same on any? I’m no stranger to this hobby and I have no illusions about making money, however I’d be lying if I said the little voice in the back of my head wasn’t constantly questioning everything I do in terms of what it might be worth if, heaven forbid, the day came where the possibility of selling the vehicle appeared on the horizon.

What would you do if you were me, and why? Thanks in advance guys! Can’t wait to get some opinions.

Last edited by LateralJeaz; 03-25-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:03 PM

I have a 70 Roadrunner that's been modified with upgraded factory type suspension and I don't want to cut it up too much since it could easily be put back to original if I decided. Now if it was a Satellite I would probably feel more at ease installing mini tubs and full coil over suspension and more than just bolt on changes. You can probably find a Satellite body cheaper than a Roadrunner or GTX and the value of it as an original car would not be near as much as a nicely done Protouring style Roadrunner or GTX clone I would think. BTW, I believe the Steve Strope "Hammer" is actually a Satellite.
Attached Images