Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Race Cars and Modern Pro-Street
User Name
Password

Old 08-23-2015, 07:45 PM

Thumbs up

This is like the coolest thread of non-driving Falcon pictures ever . . .
Old 08-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Love that last one at T-hill....
Old 08-25-2015, 10:35 AM

Dan,

Thanks for the pictures. My suspension was not looking too good in the Autocross pictures.. but It sure looked good going down the track. I think I am going to get one of those framed.

-Craig
Old 05-19-2016, 05:58 PM

Yo Dan,

According to the first post in this thread, you've got like a month to go . . .
Old 05-19-2016, 06:18 PM

Paul.......its a long story, like 20 years long. I've never claimed to be real smart, I've already got some "ragrets" but what's done is done. This isn't the car coming, this is it going. The wife's mustang is getting close mechanically and if I keep at it I'll be knocking over cones in no time.
I kept the 9" and the 4spd and doubled my money so at least I got that going for me. I'll show the replacement a bit later.
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2016, 08:18 PM

That's a bummer, Dan, but that's life. The main hoop of the roll bar looked like it was too far forward, anyway . . .

Onward and sideways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Paul.......its a long story, like 20 years long. I've never claimed to be real smart, I've already got some "ragrets" but what's done is done. This isn't the car coming, this is it going. The wife's mustang is getting close mechanically and if I keep at it I'll be knocking over cones in no time.
I kept the 9" and the 4spd and doubled my money so at least I got that going for me. I'll show the replacement a bit later.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:39 AM

Last year when I was looking for a falcon or comet to build, I was contacted by a gentleman who was looking to have some paperwork cleared up on a car he had bought. It turns out this guy had purchased a car that I sold in 1999 and the title search showed it was still in my name. We talked about the car and the history I had with it, he gave me $100 and I signed it over. Fast forward to a few months ago and the guy calls again and says he needs to get rid of the car and was offering it to me first....well sh!t. He sent some pictures and I coudlnt stop thinking about it. I'd look at the falcon, which was really a great start, and look at the pictures...back and forth, back and forth...I had to go look at it.

As soon as I pulled into his property and saw the car, I knew it was coming home with me. I texted a picture to my wife, she had no clue where I went or what I was doing, her response "WTF!" followed by "bring it home!" Done.
This was my daily driver for 3-4 years, it's also the car my wife and I "dated" in....lots of memories.

The plan is kind of the same as the falcon, only different. Im not doing anything to it until I can afford to have Ron Sutton come up with the blueprints. My buddy explained it perfectly, "you wouldn't build a house without a set of prints, why wouldn't you do the same with the car?" Between what he said and what I'm learning from this site, it's a no brainer.
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2016, 11:47 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Is the back seat still in it?? LOL
Old 05-24-2016, 09:42 PM

Sadly, I totally understand the mindset behind the following logic: This is too good. Let's get rid of it! I did this with a house a few years ago, and I've done it with many cars (and jobs). I might have even tried it with my wife when we were dating, but I recovered from that . . .

Last week, I sold a perfectly good 302/C4 out of my Ranchero. Why? I really have no idea, aside from the 5.0 I'd bought two weeks previously. Did the floor of the Ranchero need a bunch of tubing? No. Did it get some? Yes! Why? It wasn't there before, and tubing makes things better!

Best of luck in awaiting directions from Mr. Sutton. I'll be happy to get you started by shipping you a box of all-blue Crayons (C.O.D., of course) . . .

Since I'm somewhat 1950s-illiterate, what exactly is that car you've reacquired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Last year when I was looking for a falcon or comet to build, I was contacted by a gentleman who was looking to have some paperwork cleared up on a car he had bought. It turns out this guy had purchased a car that I sold in 1999 and the title search showed it was still in my name. We talked about the car and the history I had with it, he gave me $100 and I signed it over. Fast forward to a few months ago and the guy calls again and says he needs to get rid of the car and was offering it to me first....well sh!t. He sent some pictures and I coudlnt stop thinking about it. I'd look at the falcon, which was really a great start, and look at the pictures...back and forth, back and forth...I had to go look at it.

As soon as I pulled into his property and saw the car, I knew it was coming home with me. I texted a picture to my wife, she had no clue where I went or what I was doing, her response "WTF!" followed by "bring it home!" Done.
This was my daily driver for 3-4 years, it's also the car my wife and I "dated" in....lots of memories.

The plan is kind of the same as the falcon, only different. Im not doing anything to it until I can afford to have Ron Sutton come up with the blueprints. My buddy explained it perfectly, "you wouldn't build a house without a set of prints, why wouldn't you do the same with the car?" Between what he said and what I'm learning from this site, it's a no brainer.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:22 PM

GW, the interior looks a lot like Dave's interior in his "someday Camaro". I asked what happened to the interior when I was looking at it and all I got was "man, it was nasty"....fair enough.

1955 Plymouth Savoy....flathead 6 with a 3 on the tree when I owned it....Smitty muffler, loud ass horns and way too low. I'll take your offer on the blue crayons, Paul, as you know they taste the best!
Attached Images