Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 04-08-2008, 02:01 PM

i have a 6 inch bolt on cowl hood. even if you had a 9 inch cowl depending on what type of air cleaner/scoop you run you will need a hole . its pretty hard to keep a 671or even an 871 under the hood where it cant be seen.
when i had my 871 sbc it was 14% over driven and i recently had the oppertunity to ride in a zo6 vette with the pro charger and i noticed a big diffrence in the way it makes power.roots type supercharging is fun it get alot of attention i was in the middle of buying a dyers 871 kit until i had that ride in the vette and now im buying a ds1 kit from frank. if you havent already bought that 871 you might look into a pro charger its clean will fit under your current hood and should someone want to play you will have the total element of surprise. my friend steve has a 69 nova same sub frame as in the camaro with a 6 inch hood and his carbs and his bds style scoop are above the hood. dont know how low your front end will be ive done a 3 inch drop on my 69 all the way around and i have to lift the car by the front frame rails now to get a jack under the x member so you may not want to cut your frame. unless you already have that 871 or want the attention it brings at car shows and stop lights do an under the hood system you wont be sorry . okay if i can get this pick in here is what a 6 inch hood looks like . if you need a close up side angle i will get you one by days end . okay wont let me laod a pic i will email it to you.

Last edited by copo69; 04-08-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:29 AM

well hopefully anyday this week i will get my first look up close at the d1sc kit
cant wait to get started with this summers project.