Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2007, 07:09 PM

Will someone please bring to market a budget new Hemi?? Is that to much to ask??
Old 02-04-2007, 07:36 PM

"There is no question the LSx motors make big power and drivablitiy is much better than the "old school" motors. They are light and really help the handling of these cars. I just think they need more "dress up" to look right in a muscle car. They need a set of turbos or a supercharger bolted on to fill up the engine compartment. "

SW

Do you mean like this?

www.mizfitmotorsports.com
[email protected]

Last edited by Mizfit; 02-04-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

I really think its what ya like.
Were picking up the 383 that travis was putting in his car before He got a
busch motor. I like the older type motors myself im sure you can get a LS motor to make as mush HP but just dont care for them. But Will have to say that they look great in some cars Ive seen on here such as Steve Rupp's
Jeff hansons and so on.

https://www.facebook.com/Dutchboyshotrods
Old 02-04-2007, 08:23 PM

Hey,

With all those old school engines to be freeing up...Its the #'s matching gang that will be happy! Those BB LS-7 And the likes missing in action to restorers might get a chance to get back where they belong. Lets build a site featuring the castings/ serial #'s that are getting available to them!!!!!!

Lead.

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"
Old 02-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizfit
"There is no question the LSx motors make big power and drivablitiy is much better than the "old school" motors. They are light and really help the handling of these cars. I just think they need more "dress up" to look right in a muscle car. They need a set of turbos or a supercharger bolted on to fill up the engine compartment. "

SW

Do you meean like this?

Oh yes..

SW
Old 02-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Supporting Member

Gen I isn't going anywhere for awhile. There area ton of great aftermarket parts for it, and it can still make power right up there with the LSx. LSX has a very small weight advantage over a iron block al head gen 1.

I also think it's a better 'looking' engine. LS takes a little more effort to clean things up, coil pack relocation, valve covers, intake etc.

Used Gen 3 stuff is super cheap though, guys are damn near giving that stuff away.

Not fair comparing the SBC to a flat head. The Gen I is much closer to the Gen III, then flat head to SBC.

BBC is still king.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 AM

Gen I stuff is not going anywhere, just dated for a modern build such as Pro-Touring vehicle where it might be fine for a hot rod. I have donated my LT1 i had built to the "69 Blazer just because I did not want to "date" my '68 Camaro build which will have an LS2 now unless LS7's get real cheap. It is way to easy to install cam and headers in a LSx and get 400 rwhp which takes some doing to get out of a Gen I.

Mike
Old 02-05-2007, 10:17 AM

I'll take an early model small block anyday, sure the new LS's are nice and its funny how the new LS-X of reggie jacksons is running a carb. hummmmm
your not going to beat a well built SB chevy dollar for dollar, i really enjoy the new ls ecs as long as they continue to destroy 4.6's with ease but guys trust me that SB has been aound since 55 its not going anywhere theres been fads come and go but the SB will always be at your local race tracks from dirt to drag cars and i agree probaby more popular to hot rodders for nostaglia reasons but again hard to argue with the power and cost of it !good post
Old 02-05-2007, 08:49 PM

Me like LS1's

Basically, it is a factory, full aftermarket race version of the Gen 1 SBC.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM66

BBC is still king.
I feel like I should agree, but when CNC'd L92 heads are flowing in the 350+ range, and 454 cid LS engines becoming available (LSX block) it seems silly to cart around the weight of a BBC.