Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Best handgun for home protection?
.45 acp 103 39.16%
357 mag revolver 26 9.89%
9mm semi 67 25.48%
.40 semi 67 25.48%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
To the original question-the best handgun for home protection is the one you can get your hand on when needed and know how to properly use.

Fixed that for ya!

Any gun is a liability in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to, or is afraid to use it. Training with any type of weapon is just as important as the selection of the weapon. Just like owning a 1000hp car is a liability in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to properly drive it.

1970 Chevelle I built years back as a Lat-G Feature https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=43116
Old 01-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Interesting on the Kahr Revved, I've had two PM40's and both fed well, only way it would hiccup was due to limp wristing.

If it were just happening to my wife I might agree... I actually had a "gun guy" argue with me that was the cause and we just "weren't shooting it right"... until it did it to him when he shot it. Then it "must be your ammo..." Nope... changed that as well... still jams.

I've been shooting handguns for 20+ years and never had an issue like this gun. I had 4 different people shoot it with the same results. Just got a bad one I guess. We bought it because we know people that have Kahrs and love them.... all guys though- two in 40 and one in 9mm. Honestly that PM9 was so user-unfriendly for a woman that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. There is no reason why a small handgun should be that difficult to operate. She could not physically break down the gun because the slide pressure is so stiff, IMO to overcome their slide design issue. The Springfield XDS9 we replaced it with is excellent and she can work it without issue.

1970 Chevelle I built years back as a Lat-G Feature https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=43116
Old 12-25-2016, 08:42 PM

Didnt read the entire thread, but for an exclusive home protection gun, a 12 gauge shotgun is hard to beat. It wasnt an option. In the heat of the moment, youre much more likely to be successful with a shot gun. And the sound of a shell getting racked will make any intruder **** their pants. Best case scenario is you run them off without a shot fired.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:21 AM

I haven't read the entire thread either but I would have to agree. The best gun is the one you never have to use but someone knows you have and racking one in my 12 gauge as I am walled up in my bedroom is a good deterent. Off target shots are also less likely to leave the house too which is a bonus.