Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2019, 08:30 AM

Default LS3 with Holley Terminator system tune help

I have a LS376/515 crate engine in a 78 TA with T56 and the Holley Terminator EFI system. I am new to tuning EFI systems and have been reading and watching as many "how to's" as I can find online. I have this system very driveable now but, it still goes very rich when accelerating- in carb terms the "tip in" seems too much and the AF will drop to the 9-10 range for 1 sec or so and then start to clean up.
I am using a tune that comes with the system named 480HP LS2 as the base tune and have been "learning" from there after I input the correct displacement. I haven't changed that timing table at all but, the base fuel and AF target table have been changed slightly in the idle and cruise area. In high load and WOT areas the AF is 12.7. I have also reduced the ramp in the fuel modifier AE vs TPS% so that it's not adding anything until 70% and that seemed to help.

Cam specs for this engine: 226/236, .525"/.525", 2.165in /1.590 ex. Engine is rated at 533hp/477tq and I figure I'm getting around 300hp/320/tq - it runs slightly behind my 2002 Firehawk in 4th from 70 - 110mph and my Firehawk put down 310rwhp a couple years ago on a chassis dyno.

So- long background. Any tips to finding why it goes rich when rolling into the throttle? I am planning on getting the car to a chassis dyno to have it tuned, in the meantime are there any tips from people here?

'78 Trans Am - Y88-R LS3/T56,
Holley EFI, UMI Performance