Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Man Caves
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default Pics of your shop or garage

Hey all -

I'm always fascinated by checking out how people have assembled / organized / tricked out thier shops and garages, and now we're building a new shop on our show, V8TV. I'm looking for inspiraton.

Our place is modest; a basic pole-barn that is split into 3rds. The 1st third is the machine area with some cutting tools, engine hoists, etc. It's a working farm shop, so it's not pretty, but it sure as hell works.

The second bay is a makeshift paint / prime booth, your basic plywood box with basic cross-draft ventilation.

Those two bays are pre-exisiting; we're now building the 3rd bay, which is where we'll be doing most of the shooting for the show.

The new bay is not real big, (20'x30'), but it sure beats a 2-car garage. And it's ours.

The highlights are an Eagle 2-post lift, floor coating coming from Motor City Flooring (Muscle Gloss), some welders and plasma cutters from HTP, and an IR radiant heater from Space-Ray. We hope to hang that sucker tomorrow.

I've attached a couple renderings of the place... they're simple guides to the layout. Real photos to come.

I'd love to check out photos of other shops and ideas for storage and cool tools and tricks that anyone may have come up with. I think it may make a cool episode story... a bunch of killer shop tricks.

So let's see 'em!
Attached Images

Muscle Car Of The Week
V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
https://www.v8speedshop.com